DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus to Infinity?

FASTFJR

Reactions
What is the best way to do that besides the option in the new Litchi App. Sometimes I have a hell of a time setting the focus. I'll set it, and I'm either doing it wrong or the focus is drifting.

Thanks

What are you flying?

Mavic Pro
Most of the time the focus is fine, however sometimes its crap. I often miss my no focus P3P Lol

Have you tried setting the focus manually? If it is difficult to see try to zoom in, set the focus, and zoom out. Strangely enough, on my Go 4 version, there is no hard focus stop at infinity.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Mavic Pro
Have you tried setting the focus manually? If it is difficult to see try to zoom in, set the focus, and zoom out. Strangely enough, on my Go 4 version, there is no hard focus stop at infinity.

I have, I might need to go back and visit it again

You can also turn on and set the Peak Focus Threshold. It will highlight in red the part of the image that is in focus. I find it distracting but could be useful.
upload_2018-8-14_12-28-12.png

Thanks, yes I have tried that it is helpful, I think the focus might be faulty. I need to run a few test

If you look at any dslr lens, infinity is never at a specific point on the rotation of the focus ring, it is a range. This is to allow for slight changes caused by changes in temperature.
Why are you focusing on infinity anyway? Look up using hyperfocal distance if you never want to change focus again.

If you look at any dslr lens, infinity is never at a specific point on the rotation of the focus ring, it is a range...
I had a nice SLR lens that had a hard stop at infinity. Regardless, the manual "dial" on the MP goes way past a sharp focus on distant objects.

If you look at any dslr lens, infinity is never at a specific point on the rotation of the focus ring, it is a range. This is to allow for slight changes caused by changes in temperature.
Why are you focusing on infinity anyway? Look up using hyperfocal distance if you never want to change focus again.

Most of my flying is done at 100-200ft with objects about 500-700ft away. I'm finding sometimes about halfway thru the flight objects farther away are often blurry. Its hard to see it on my iPad especially in the bright sun however I can clearly see it in the video play after. I'm not sure if its me not setting it correct or possible touching the screen which will refocus of the something is going on with the lens

I have the same problem with litchi, but at night. The camera will not autofocus at night, and I can't find a way to focus manually on the Litchi app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka