DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folding Mavic with Low Noise Props - Observation

@lrsn - told you I wasn't a science teacher lol. Great conversation though, however I do think we can compare both the plastic blades to regular heli blades in this instance. If your going to be around later I would love to continue this conversation.

28DDDC85-C340-423A-B408-7791CC0623D6.jpeg E2B84C05-7FF5-443F-8CAB-DF20B24B1B47.jpeg FA6B3EFE-A850-4E10-B89A-F513D657102C.png All I ever use R good carbon fiber props. not the cheap ones. I have them for my Inspire as well.

I have been thinking about trying out a set of CF props on the Mavic. Man they look great on that bird, my only concern is flight times. Anyone have thoughts on that? This also goes back to my theory about props being only as stiff as the material they are made of, they don't get more stiff just because of the prop speed. If so then CF props wouldn't be any different then the plastic props

I have been thinking about trying out a set of CF props on the Mavic. Man they look great on that bird, my only concern is flight times. Anyone have thoughts on that? This also goes back to my theory about props being only as stiff as the material they are made of, they don't get more stiff just because of the prop speed. If so then CF props wouldn't be any different then the plastic props
I have not noticed any difference in flight time if there is it’s very little. I will warn you now do not buy cheap carbon fiber props. Not all of them are the same believe me. You get what you pay for

I see your CF's are from Drone-World would you say that's the best place right now to buy CF props?

I have not noticed any difference in flight time if there is it’s very little. I will warn you now do not buy cheap carbon fiber props. Not all of them are the same believe me. You get what you pay for
Can you link us to the props you're using?

Okay, here's the problem with this **** forum! I didn't want or need carbon fiber props until I read this thread. I still don't need them... But now I just want 'em.

I would they are very nice props very well-made. You will like them.
When you buy carbon fiber props for the MP you want the props held in by rivets not scr
Okay, here's the problem with this **** forum! I didn't want or need carbon fiber props until I read this thread. I still don't need them... But now I just want 'em.
You will like them.

Thanks for the information, just picked up a set of 8831's got the dreaded "abnormal gimbal Shake" error for the first 1 min haven't had an issue since. I think it's because the joints are to tight and need to loosen up a bit. Since I haven't had that issue again.
Have you has any issues using the CF props?

Thanks for the information, just picked up a set of 8831's got the dreaded "abnormal gimbal Shake" error for the first 1 min haven't had an issue since. I think it's because the joints are to tight and need to loosen up a bit. Since I haven't had that issue again.
Have you has any issues using the CF props?
I have never experienced one problem with good carbon fiber props

As a former AH-64 Apache Helicopter Crew Chief I could probably speak hours about weight & balance, but anyways I found out that my father in law while working for Boeing actually holds (along with Boeing of course) the patent for using Carbon Fiber in aircraft fuselages. OMG what an honor to know the man that started everything we see made out of Carbon Fiber was because of his initial designs and testing. He was a structural engineer for them for over 30 years. The man is quiet and humble about how brilliant he is.

Reactions: Theo111103
A3974AD5-0ABF-418C-A81C-54FAA07268BE.jpeg I will not use nothing but CF props. If you buy good ones they perform extremely well. They are not cheap you get what you pay for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078