DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folding Mavic with Low Noise Props - Observation

It's actually not the tips that get the pressure. When you fold the bottom legs, it's the trailing edge. It's not a ton of pressure, but I wouldn't want to have the MP constantly squeezed (ie: pressure on the hind legs), otherwise I can see either the props deforming, or the MP undercarriage scratched up.

As to their being flexible, yes. They feel incredibly thin and flexible, and frankly feel like cheap crap compared to the old props. If they weren't noticeably less annoying and quieter, I would have thrown them out when I got them.

LP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Thats the best way to fold the new props of all i tried, it does not feel they are going to be damage or anything at least mine sits on that position really comfortable, used standard folding as the old ones and started to see they got a litle damaged that over time would affect performance....hope this helps of all of you looking on the better way to fold them since really the drone with new props is really much quieter and enjoyable on my opinion, btw Im new to the forum :)

Not sure I'm getting your point. That's exactly how mine look as well. Post a side shot of the Magic with the arms folded and I'll show you what I was talking about when I started the thread.

LP

Question: Since the MPP props result in lower hover RPMs, has anyone noticed any change in actual flight performance?

My guess is that the gear ratio is effectively changed to be a bit taller, either due to the increased length or a different prop pitch. Therefore, acceleration maneuvers would be slightly more sluggish, however the top speed could be higher if the motors can handle it.

Thoughts?

I routinely fly large circles over about a half a square mile in sport mode and typically mavic covers about 33,000 feet per battery.

The first time I flew with the new props mavic flew 38,000 feet, which is was a new record distance for this drone, which has about 150 miles of flight so far.

Reactions: LEO_Pilot
I routinely fly large circles over about a half a square mile in sport mode and typically mavic covers about 33,000 feet per battery.

The first time I flew with the new props mavic flew 38,000 feet, which is was a new record distance for this drone, which has about 150 miles of flight so far.

I like to utilize my drop mechanism and fly all sorts of things through the sky. I’m curious if the new props will lift more or less weight. Since the pitch is greater, I would think the potential to lift heavier objects would
Be greater.

There is no pressure folded like that, just note the props on the outside need to be adjusted to fall into a position they do not move ( they got inside the mavic body a litle bit on one of the sides)

I disagree. On both Mavics I've now handled, the props keep the legs from folding all the way no matter how I position them against the Mavic body - ie: there is pressure on the props/motor spindle. The only way the legs fold completely is to either remove the props, or rotate them outward so they don't rest on the Mavic. Take a look at your pic and the angle I highlighted. Now take the props off and fold your Mavic and look at the angle....my guess is that it will be much smaller or even 0 (ie: parallel). That said, since I posted this thread, I have noticed that the original props do the same thing - it's just worse with the low noise props. With props on, the legs don't fold as completely as they could.

IMG_3614-edit.JPG

I now have a 3rd Mavic (replacement for one I crashed), and same thing. Props keep the legs from folding as far as they could. My build dates for the 3 I have had are April 2017, August 2017, and April 2018. I'm willing to bet that they are all that way...

LP

I now have a 3rd Mavic (replacement for one I crashed), and same thing. Props keep the legs from folding as far as they could. My build dates for the 3 I have had are April 2017, August 2017, and April 2018. I'm willing to bet that they are all that way...

LP

I see what you mean, did notice is true props dont fold all the way even with original ones, i will be gentle and try fold with care but will not pay too much attention to it, enought with the trauma i got to put the gimbal neck protector lol, fly safe and thanks for all the info.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
I see what you mean, did notice is true props dont fold all the way even with original ones, i will be gentle and try fold with care but will not pay too much attention to it, enought with the trauma i got to put the gimbal neck protector lol, fly safe and thanks for all the info.

Agree completely. DJI HAS to know this is the case, and I'd be surprised if the arms/motor spindles couldn't handle a little pressure. It's made to be stored and transported in bags, and even DJI's bag doesn't protect the arms from pressure. You are right though....that gimbal is a huge pain. It is way too fragile, and inserting and removing the clamp is way more scary than it needs to be. Glad to see they are making it better in the newer models.

LP

Reactions: Yrojas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J