DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3- 4 bladed prop test flight. Just one prop replaced. Thus, could not assess efficiency or noise levels. See Video

SteveR43

Reactions
Fused 2 non-OEM cheap flimsy replacement blades together , then attached just one of these 4 bladed modified props to a mavic 3. I need to do all 4 blades. I will eventually. This was just a test of one. It seemed perfectly balanced, and stable. Having only one I could not assess noise levels. Lift and efficiency? Who knows. But I think I should just stick to the original OEM double blades.

Fused 2 non-OEM cheap flimsy replacement blades together , then attached just one of these 4 bladed modified props to a mavic 3. I need to do all 4 blades. I will eventually. This was just a test of one. It seemed perfectly balanced, and stable. Having only one I could not assess noise levels. Lift and efficiency? Who knows. But I think I should just stick to the original OEM double blades.

OEM blades cost vs Mavic 3 cost 🤔.I have 45 years in aviation. Blades and Batteries are NOT the place to experiment. If DJI I could make them better they would. Your drone was compensating for the 4th blade. Put on 4 /4 blades and it will be out of parameters and crash. But not a problem I have a brand new M3 still in the box never opened.🤔

OEM blades cost vs Mavic 3 cost 🤔.I have 45 years in aviation. Blades and Batteries are NOT the place to experiment. If DJI I could make them better they would. Your drone was compensating for the 4th blade. Put on 4 /4 blades and it will be out of parameters and crash. But not a problem I have a brand new M3 still in the box never opened.🤔
I finished all 4 blades. The drone is slightly quieter, and is very stable. The prop arms do not shake at all. No vibration whatsoever. To align the blades I used a metal cylinder that fit the center hole tightly and pushed the blades onto it. The top blades had to have their motor connectors removed. Then just before pushing the top blade down the cylinder onto the intact prop, i put some epoxy resin to firmly hold the two blades together. The torque from the motors can snap the blades apart easily if they are even slightly out of alignment. After hardening, The blades worked fine.

The blades sound differently. They sound like they are moving lots of wind. The blades are slower, slightly quieter, but the wind noise is loud. Like a computer fan I guess. Performance wise. The drone response is faster to accelerate and stops quicker. I like them, but my tests showed they are less efficient, hover time was reduced. The motors also got hotter than just four double props. The drone essentially flew the same as a drone with double props. It was just quicker to repond to stick commands. Instead of a gradual response, it was almost immediate. Breaking was much faster. Top speed was the same with the quad blades as the double blades.

As I said, the motors seemed to get hotter than with the double blades. This concerned me, so I will stick with double blades.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas