DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me mode fly directly on top of you?

Fireblade

Reactions
Is that what this mode does? And if lets say I am moving fast, will it automatically adjust the camera so that it is pointing towards me? And if I stop, I'm assuming it will keep going until the Mavic is dead center on top of me (with the camera pointing straight down)?

Is that what this mode does? And if lets say I am moving fast, will it automatically adjust the camera so that it is pointing towards me? And if I stop, I'm assuming it will keep going until the Mavic is dead center on top of me (with the camera pointing straight down)?
No follow me mode tracks from behind.

I means it is called "follow me" and not "above me". So... [emoji16]

If you fly high enough and have an accurate GPS flight device then it may 'closely' fly above you. There might be a tiny bit of lag though.

Reactions: Fireblade
If you fly high enough and have an accurate GPS flight device then it may 'closely' fly above you. There might be a tiny bit of lag though.
Thanks! I'm curious to see how far exactly it stays back if doing low altitudes. I'm planning on doing this as low as the software allows with me mayb going faster than the mavic, will the mavics gimbal adjust or does it stay in whatever position you leave it in?

Thanks! I'm curious to see how far exactly it stays back if doing low altitudes. I'm planning on doing this as low as the software allows with me mayb going faster than the mavic, will the mavics gimbal adjust or does it stay in whatever position you leave it in?
Try active track, it has a lot more features and may be what you are looking for.

Try active track, it has a lot more features and may be what you are looking for.
Unfortunately, active track is a bit too slow and loses me too often last I tried lol. It's probably good for tracking people, but when tracking motorcycles or cars from a low height, there's a good chance that the mavic will lose tracking :(

I might give the followme mode a shot, and just control the angle of the camera from my bike. This should be fun. haha

Reactions: Bunny Too
I means it is called "follow me" and not "above me". So... [emoji16]
Do you know how far back it stays mr smart ***? lol

Unfortunately, active track is a bit too slow and loses me too often last I tried lol. It's probably good for tracking people, but when tracking motorcycles or cars from a low height, there's a good chance that the mavic will lose tracking :(

I might give the followme mode a shot, and just control the angle of the camera from my bike. This should be fun. haha
Nice, I can not wait to see your video, good luck and ride safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom