DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

Same here... iPhone 7 Intel modem. I can't believe this is the cause of the issue...

Iphone 7 plus same troubles !!
took an iphone 7+ to prevent those kind of headacks but did not know they would use an intel ship inside !!!

Anyone ever figure this out? I had the same issue today. Attempted several times to land a re-calibrate. Everything else seemed to work great except "follow me" Which complained of a weak GPS signal and refused to track. -- ALSO on an IPhone 7 plus (Sprint)

Last edited:
Please ensure DJI cases are registered so action is taken. I have a case underway now as it seems to be a coding issue

Anyone ever figure this out? I had the same issue today. Attempted several times to land a re-calibrate. Everything else seemed to work great except "follow me" Which complained of a weak GPS signal and refused to track. -- ALSO on an IPhone 7 plus (Sprint)

As far as I understand it, the Sprint iPhone 7's use Qualcomm not Intel.

John

FWIW, I did a quick test on your theory about the problem being in the GPS transmitter in the Mavic.

Step 1 - With the Mavic on the ground in an open area with good GPS coverage, I blocked the Mavic's GPS signal so that it was only seeing a few satellites, forcing it into ATTI mode (ie. very poor GPS accuracy)

Step 2 - Walked with the RC several meters away from the Mavic and original Home Point

Step 3 - Successfully set a new Home Point to the RC's position

If your theory were correct that setting a Home Point relies on a good GPS reading from the Mavic, then my test should have failed.
The boys at DJI think it's a firmware issue in the bird and it isn't effecting everyone. Do you mind telling me your set of firmware and what pad/phone you are using?

It's doing it with my previously working P4 and my Mavic. It's beyond frustrating at this point. I do appreciate the check though.

I had this issue yesterday. Said I was 110 miles away from a POI when I was about 1000 ft. I recalibrate the compass and it worked and set a new home point (once). but everytime i kept trying to push the icon in Go App to set home point i would get an error saying GPS signal too weak. Although google maps and other apps working fine.

I had this issue yesterday. Said I was 110 miles away from a POI when I was about 1000 ft. I recalibrate the compass and it worked and set a new home point (once). but everytime i kept trying to push the icon in Go App to set home point i would get an error saying GPS signal too weak. Although google maps and other apps working fine.
So you have the same problem I do then? Weak signal coming from a perfectly working GPS reliever? The other stuff is coming from the birds GPS ofher than the ability to set a point at the RC which is a very important feature for safety of your bird and I'm amazed at how many people don't even know what I'm talking about.

I've been so frustrated about it lately, I've just gone back to building quad 110-250s for freestyling because a) I forgot how much more gratifying it is to build the craft yourself and b) I am fine to use it when I need it for work.

That said, I get a lot of practice flying for fun and I wish DJI would fix the issue. It's by far the longest issue I've ever had and I've never had a bird "go bad" like my P4. It started when I had to to firmware upgrades to work with the stupid go 4 app. I was working fine without it and now it has put this on all of my birds. Previously I didn't even know it was doing it on my Inspire and my other P4 (not just the Mavic) so I'm not ordering the decked out I2 I had planned on shelling out nearly 10k for with the x5s until the fix the problem.

The boys at DJI think it's a firmware issue in the bird and it isn't effecting everyone. Do you mind telling me your set of firmware and what pad/phone you are using?

It's doing it with my previously working P4 and my Mavic. It's beyond frustrating at this point. I do appreciate the check though.

Firmware v01.03.0600 and Go 4.0.7 on Android.

I have also an issue with an iPhone 7 T-Mobile. I have a spare iPhone 6 and and iPad mini. Should I expect to have similar issues with these devices too?

Wow
I used a 6S plus with no problem along with numerous iPad minis and even a acer tablet but my 7+ does not work

I got an iPhone 5C, will give it a try. If it doesn't work, should I contact DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998