DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

Did the same for me 3 days ago on my iPhone 7 plus AT&T

Yesterday tried 6s plus att and was able to get to follow- but only for 5 minutes or so- then it disconnected
I was able to set my position as a new home point on the 6S plus but not on the 7+
Did this five different times.

Tried 7+ AT&T many many many times
No joy

Very very disconcerting
It's just so bizarre.

I wonder if it's the iOS.

My wife's work phone which is AT&T works just fine with all my birds but it iOS 9.85

UGH!

I'm betting its the inferior intel modem!!!
You wouldn't be the first to say that but isn't the GPS module completely separate from the modem. Same exact GPS module and I am also getting full positive GPS diagnostics.

So any fix on this?
Now we are on .800 firmware do u still find there is an issue?
I was thinking of buying a 7+....

I resolved this issue on my iPhone 7 Plus. Previously I had the "GPS Weak" error message everywhere, including in wide open spaces.

I went into the settings on my phone and checked the location settings (Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services-->DJI Go 4). For DJI Go 4, there are two options for "Allow Location Access." One is "Never" and the other is "While Using the App." Neither of mine were checked. I checked "While Using the App" and now it shows strong GPS signal when I try to toggle this flight mode.

For what it’s worth, I found that by holding the phone/controller upside down, I could get a lock for follow me mode. Doesn’t seem to last long though.

I resolved this issue on my iPhone 7 Plus. Previously I had the "GPS Weak" error message everywhere, including in wide open spaces.

I went into the settings on my phone and checked the location settings (Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services-->DJI Go 4). For DJI Go 4, there are two options for "Allow Location Access." One is "Never" and the other is "While Using the App." Neither of mine were checked. I checked "While Using the App" and now it shows strong GPS signal when I try to toggle this flight mode.

the first thing I did on mine and it never worked like on yours.
does your iphone is instaled in the remote or over it with a mount ? (I am now thinking of interferences)

Last edited:

I Tried this but it did nothing to resolve the issue, I still get this message when I try to update my location to the controller.

Been loving my new Mavic but unfortunately I'm having the same issues :(
I've tried 2 iphone 6's and an ipad air 2 with different configurations and still no dice...what a bummer!
Has anyone found anything that works?

still no intervention of MavicPilot Help on those subjects about the weak gps and iphone 7+...

It Worked yesterday !

I have not yet went on .1000 version, still on .900 and yesterday it worked strong
Happy now

Last edited:
Take phone or tablet out of case and see if that helps. I was told that if cpu is running hot it will interfere with wifi. I have the same problem and have not found the solution yet. I will try with my phone case off tomorrow and see what happens. Seems to be a common problem. I'm surprised DJI has not provided a reason and a solution.

In phone settings got to location accuracy and switch from battery saving to high accuracy if that does not work switch to phone only

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato