DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow mode in Litchi for iOS

Steady Eddie

Reactions
I note that follow mode has not yet been implemented in Litchi for iOS. It is there in the Android version though.
Here is the reply I received from Litchi support for what it's worth:-

Subject: Follow in Litchi for iOS

FEB 25, 2019 | 01:03PM UTC
Litchi replied:

Hello,

We do not have an ETA to share yet for when the follow mode will be added to our iOS app.

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of non-committal from Litchi if you ask me, but it seems like a great feature. The drone tracks the mobile device according to it's reported GPS position rather than using often unreliable subject recognition. Have any Android users tried it, and how does it work?
Thanks.

I note that follow mode has not yet been implemented in Litchi for iOS. It is there in the Android version though.
Here is the reply I received from Litchi support for what it's worth:-

Subject: Follow in Litchi for iOS

FEB 25, 2019 | 01:03PM UTC
Litchi replied:

Hello,

We do not have an ETA to share yet for when the follow mode will be added to our iOS app.

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of non-committal from Litchi if you ask me, but it seems like a great feature. The drone tracks the mobile device according to it's reported GPS position rather than using often unreliable subject recognition. Have any Android users tried it, and how does it work?
Thanks.

You can do this in DJI Go 4

Yes, but in GO 4 the AC uses the camera to lock on to and track the subject instead of following the GPS co-ordinates of a GPS enabled mobile device. As I understand it, Litchi for Android can track a GPS enabled mobile device, but Litchi for iOS cannot (yet). Tracking by GPS should be more reliable.

Yes, but in GO 4 the AC uses the camera to lock on to and track the subject instead of following the GPS co-ordinates of a GPS enabled mobile device. As I understand it, Litchi for Android can track a GPS enabled mobile device, but Litchi for iOS cannot (yet). Tracking by GPS should be more reliable.

In the DJI Go 4 app there’s a mode called follow me which is what you are looking for not active track

Ok, got that now. Wasn't looking hard in GO4. Thanks brett.

Reactions: brett8883
Also, the follow me mode is somehow questionable. At least for myself it never really gave satisfying results.

I only see active track in DJI GO 4... I don’t see “follow”. I have a Mavic Air and IPhone XS MAX

Maybe Follow is not available in DJI GO4 for the Mavic Air. I also have a Spark and it's not there for that. It is there for the Mavic Pro however.
I'm using the iOS version of GO 4, don't know about the Android version.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennismavicair1