DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Following my Harley with M2P Active Track 2.0

Yes you're right, so sorry. In the USA what you did would be illegal, but I don't know about what the laws are in Holland. But even if I was on vacation in Holland, and it was legal. I would never try it. Not worth risking my $1500 drone.

Have fun. Cheers.
Thanks!

Think you need to look at your own counties rules/regs in a quick google seach of Netherlands drone laws it is apparent flying above roads/highway/freeway is prohibited

Again maybe just take a step back and reevaluate this from a hazard safety perspective let alone your countries laws

But hey keep being that guy and watch more regulations be put on drone users in your country as it reads you already can’t fly in Amsterdam which is a beautiful city

One thing about laws is once they are in place you don’t see many go away just new ones added.

We are just here to help and provide useful feedback, not policing or being arrogant, regardless of laws/rules it was not the smartest move and if you can’t understand that then I’d imagine a potential accident in your future with that attitude
It's legal where and how I flew. Yes, shame you can't fly almost anywhere in Amsterdam. No fly zone due to Schiphol airport. Hey but thanks very much for predicting an accident in my near future! Real class comment. I'd NEVER say that to anyone. Never.

It's legal where and how I flew. Yes, shame you can't fly almost anywhere in Amsterdam. No fly zone due to Schiphol airport. Hey but thanks very much for predicting an accident in my near future! Real class comment. I'd NEVER say that to anyone. Never.

I never wished harmed on you just stating if you continue with that hazardous attitude it puts you at a much higher risk of incident it’s statistics man, you have yet to say “ya maybe it wasn’t the best idea”

Also numerous documents mention it is illegal to fly over public paved accessible roads and being within a min of 50 meters of them ( you were directly over a public road)

I had to use google translate to look this information up but if someone from the USA can look up NL drone laws in a few minutes, it seems as if you can as well, yet you say this is legal flight can you please provide the langauge that states this?

here is jut one source found:

Drone Wetgeving Nederland - Drone nieuws tips en wetgeving informatie | Dronenerds

many more sources state similar things

For our English speaking friends: this is what the 2019 Drone News Regulations States in the provided website:

Private Use Rules/Regulations 2019 NL:

• Keep a sufficient distance to buildings (advice: at least 50 meters)
• Keep a sufficient distance from people (advice: at least 50 meters)
Maintain sufficient distance to train tracks, roads and waterways (advice: minimum 50 meters)
• Do not fly more than 120 meters from the ground
• Always keep your drone in sight, so you may not fly with FPV glasses.
• Do not fly your drone further than 500 meters away from you.
• Advice: Make sure you have a third party insurance and whether your own insurance covers damage.
• Do not fly within NO-FLY zones or fly 3KM near (small) airports.
• Only fly within daylight period (not at night).
• Drone may weigh a maximum of 25 KG.
• Do not fly with a commercial purpose.

You have yet to take anyone’s criticism with some thought as to hmm maybe all these people saying it’s not safe looking out for you and your liability you took on as maybe there is some value behind what we are trying to say, speaking of liability it’s your responsibility as a recreational flyer (based on my new reading of NL drone laws) to have liability insurance on your drone, with that video footage of violating rules would insurance cover any liability just more food for thought

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
"Maintain sufficient distance to train tracks, roads and waterways (advice: minimum 50 meters)"

Little too vague to be an actual law. More like common sense, which is debatable. At the official government's website it's also not mentioned, at least not on the page with most important rules. Regels voor recreatief gebruik drone

However, going around that track more than 90% of the flight the drone was in sufficient distance to the road as I'm flying along side the road, over the dunes.

Should have been 100%, you might say. I see it as running an orange light, not a red.

No one was harmed, no danger was present in any moment. I'm a hobby pilot.

I'll be doing more flights like this for sure! Just won't be posting it here, with all you righteous brothers. ****. Have a little FUN in life.

From Amsterdam, with love.

I'll be doing more flights like this for sure! Just won't be posting it here, with all you righteous brothers. ****. Have a little FUN in life.

From Amsterdam, with love.

You mean these Righteous Brothers?

Youre trying hard not to show it, but baby, baby I know it... youve lost that lovin feelin...

I like Mavics (Maverick in Cantonese) rendition

Last edited:
Reactions: Technoliq

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661