DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folow me modes

KingRat

Reactions
I cannot get my Air to actually follow me...... get it set up hovering in position. Do the controller picture thing, choose the Active Track mode - from the side this time. I want to try and get it to follow me on my motorbike. Open gravel track,nothing fancy. I set off, the drone continues to hover but the camera stays on me as it tries to keepme in shot but refuses to fly.... what am I doing wrong? I have had the drone since about April, I have flown it maybe 4 times, because the rest of the time I have been watching all the tutorial videos and making notes on how to do stuff, I have to write it down to refer to because I can't remember it. Even if I watch minutes before I go out, I won't remember what I have just watched unless I write it down.

On this problem though, I cannot fathom what is stopping the drone from flying.

Sorry cannot help with your problem, I bought my Mavic Air around April 2020, it's the memory problem that got me to post a reply. I am exactly the same with my memory, I have to make notes all the time, like you said I can read a article 2 to 5 minutes before leaving the house & by then I have forgot 90% of what I just read. happy I am not the only person like this, take care
I've not used the follow me setting as of yet but I will get round to trying it out

Reactions: KingRat
I cannot get my Air to actually follow me...... get it set up hovering in position. Do the controller picture thing, choose the Active Track mode - from the side this time. I want to try and get it to follow me on my motorbike. Open gravel track,nothing fancy. I set off, the drone continues to hover but the camera stays on me as it tries to keepme in shot but refuses to fly.... what am I doing wrong? I have had the drone since about April, I have flown it maybe 4 times, because the rest of the time I have been watching all the tutorial videos and making notes on how to do stuff, I have to write it down to refer to because I can't remember it. Even if I watch minutes before I go out, I won't remember what I have just watched unless I write it down.

And you click the word "Go" within the green square you made around the object you want it to track..?

Reactions: dawgpilot

I have a mavic 2 pro, so maybe my features don't match yours, but what you're describing is SPOTLIGHT mode.

There are 3 different tracking modes on the M2P: Trace, Profile, and Spotlight. The first 2 modes follow you (from behind and from the side). The third mode, Spotlight, does just what you described. See if you've selected that mode of tracking. I suggest Trace is what you want.

1598913167381.png

Reactions: KingRat
Tried again tonight. First of all I tried POINT OF INTEREST - I got the blue circle recognition, but then nothing. I tried it several times to get it to work, but gave up and tried ACTIVE TRACK again, the one where it follows you from behind. Same thing as last time, it just stayed there and didn't move, the camera didn't move either - yes, the green square was recognised, I pressed 'go' and while I was walking on the ground it followed me, then as I got on the bike it hovered and as I drove off it just sat dormant.

I think I am going to need someone to actually show me how to do it. It would appear that I cannot learn from watching tutorials, I must have watched 300 hours of Mavic Air tutorials now, just on settings and how it works. I still can't remember where the shutter speed lives, that took me one whole battery while it hovered, with me trying to find where the shutter speed lived again. All these settings are very difficult to remember.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54