DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fontfroide Abbey, Narbonne, France

Bernard

Reactions
A very beautiful abbey close to Narbonne, France
Osmo Pocket (I'm not the author of the done shots, at the beginning of the video, see note!).

Reactions: xunhui
A very beautiful abbey close to Narbonne, France
Osmo Pocket (I'm not the author of the done shots, at the beginning of the video, see note!).
I have the OSMO Pocket. Brilliant little video camera. A couple tips. Stand still while doing pans and tilts. Get the Extender Grip for better pan/tilt control and more creative dolly and gib style shots. If you’re doing a walking type of shot, it’s best not to do them with a distant horizon as a shaky horizon is distracting. I got a 4th axis gimbal from this guy to reduce the inevitable walking bounce. Micro Pro 2 - 4th Axis

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I have the extended grip but I don't use it often because we need a smartphone to control the picture and the osmo's wifi module is unbearable with a lot of lag, freeze, etc. I prefer to use my old (but big!) Zihyun gimbal and the osmo action when I want a perfect work...

Interesting. I haven’t purchased the Wifi module. I figured I’d just run a long usb-c cable to my smartphone. Now that you said the Wifi has so much latency, I’ll save myself the $60. It also precludes using an external wired mic as it goes in the same singular jack.
I got the OSMO pocket mostly to loan to clients during this COVID period when I can’t travel to do the video myself. Not that I expect a lot when asking a client to capture video clips, but these days I gotta get creative to stay busy.
I think the OSMO Pocket is easy enough for a novice to use if I set it up right and provide the accessories before I send it. It’s good enough for me to use professionally in b-roll situations where I don’t want to rig up a mirrorless or BMPCC to a gimbal, attracting too much attention.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo