DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage quality

F3Nelson

Reactions
First time flyer. Took out the Mavic Air 2....shot some video.

Looked at it on the computer and it was like watching a bad acid trip. I uploaded to FB and watched, and it looks fine

Is my computer just too slow?

Could be so many things,
VRAM the amount of ram on your video card is too low
Hard drive is slow - solid state is much better
Programs running in the background eating up cpu/gpu cycles

Make sure all your drivers are up to date, make sure all other programs are closed. If it is a PC, the "resource monitor" can tell you a lot of things. Just do a search for if you're not sure how to find that.

No way to know without seeing the video and what kind of computer set up you have. Uploading to FB or any social media site would make a bad video even worse - not better.

Provide more info and post to this site - you may need to first put in on YouTube or this site recommends Vimeo and then post the uplink to the comments.

You can almost bet being a first time flyer - all video will be bad. Takes a lot of practice to get smooth video - best done in tripod mode as slower drone movements - as the joysticks can be quite sensitive and any fast movements by the drone will make videos less appealing.

Simply have to practice, practice, practice the art of slow movements with the drone. A good video editor can also help to remove some of the real choppy parts too. Another skill to learn as well if you're not already doing it.

Its recorded in slow motion. Basically its running very choppy, and "washes in and out" when viewed on the computer. But, when its loaded to FB it runs fine

I have fought getting rid of Win7, got a message that Win7 is no longer supported, so I downloaded VLC player, its a little better, but, it also lags and washes

Reactions: TommyP
Its recorded in slow motion. Basically its running very choppy, and "washes in and out" when viewed on the computer. But, when its loaded to FB it runs fine

I have fought getting rid of Win7, got a message that Win7 is no longer supported, so I downloaded VLC player, its a little better, but, it also lags and washes

I still run WIN7 with ZERO issues. May want to look at / upgrade your GPU, as that will give you less than stellar video anything. And yes, MS did drop WIN& from updates, but that does not make it a bad OS. Actually one of their best ones. I have WIN10 on a new ASUS laptop and have nothing but issues with Windows updates for the last month. Tried all the fixes besides "REFRESHING" the computer back to it's original state - thus uninstalling my apps - but can keep the files. Only step now is to take it back to Day 1 and restart from there. Never have had that issue with WIN7 and used it since it first came out.

Have you updated your firmware / software for your GPU - if that is possible. I have an NVDA GPU (separate from motherboard one) and they update drivers about as frequently as DJI does theirs. Many very good GPU's for well under $150 that will maximize your video world.

Would need to know the specs of your computer. If it's from when Win7 came out... no chance it'll play 4K footage.

Would need to know the specs of your computer. If it's from when Win7 came out... no chance it'll play 4K footage.

Not true at all. If they have upgraded the GPU / video card - then they can play most any video without issues - even that recorded in 4k.

Hence asking for the specs, but if they had upgraded hardware they'd know to mention the details. Almost no standard user does.

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Hence asking for the specs, but if they had upgraded hardware they'd know to mention the details. Almost no standard user does.

From many of the posts on this website - your "assumptions" are wrong on all counts.

We would like to think they will post all the pertinent info in getting help, but that is not the case in so many posts.

People upgrade their PC's all the time (maybe not in Switzerland), esp if they know with will be doing video/ photo editing that requires some extra GPU - or maybe they bought a PC that has an upgraded video card and simply forgot about it.

Not everyone thinks in a super logical fashion and they may not know what "pertinent" data is needed for assistance, esp if a newbie to drones. Those that are here for a bit do seem to understand the need for as much info as possible, but not so much it overwhelms the reader.

That is part of the learning process.

Nothing wrong with Win 7 if it's set up properly. Edited all my work videos with it and no problems.
Check all your video drivers and codecs are up to date.
Also try a different player. MediaPlayerLite works well and is free.

Reactions: F3Nelson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke