DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 For our member Dale D

Hi Dale, I am sure that you will love the Video. 8and others too) There are some outstanding TimeLapse, enjoy ? Merry Christmas to you and your family ?
BTW, the video is of course not mine!
Hi Paul- thanks for thinking of me. I watched the entire video twice! It was wonderful work. Lots of time, and effort was put into that work. Time lapse photography and its brother, hyperlapse, are fascinating hobbies. I never tire of doing these. They are time consuming, exhausting, requiring many hours of just waiting around for the studies to shoot and then many more hours of processing and editing. It is a total lifestyle!

Regarding the film, I was a little bit confused by the double screen views at the beginning, and even though I set the You Tube at 1080p I found a lot of blurriness in some of the clips. The drone hyperlapses were amazing, and the cloud banks moving into the city were wonderful. The lively sound track was very appropriate.

I have spent the past 5 years since 2015 doing timelapse and I still get excited when I know I am going out to do another one.

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday and a healthy, prosperous new year.

Dale
Miami

Hi Paul- thanks for thinking of me. I watched the entire video twice! It was wonderful work. Lots of time, and effort was put into that work. Time lapse photography and its brother, hyperlapse, are fascinating hobbies. I never tire of doing these. They are time consuming, exhausting, requiring many hours of just waiting around for the studies to shoot and then many more hours of processing and editing. It is a total lifestyle!
Hi Dale,
you´r welcome ? I also liked it very much, even though that I am not a big timlapse lover ? I am glad that I could make you a little "christmas gift" with the video! Yes, tehre are some blurry shot, no idea how the guy did it!
The beginning of the Video was a little bit confusing but finally the rest was quite amazing! I would know how many hours the guy spent to shoot all the timelapse!

Thank you for the good wishes...Hopefully 2021 will become better concerning Covid19, we´ll see!
cheers Paul

Great video, not a big fan of timelapse, but do appreciate time and effort that went into producing it.

Great video, not a big fan of timelapse, but do appreciate time and effort that went into producing it.
This film from Vancouver was not mine.

So you are not a big fan of timelapse???Let me come to its defense!

Timelapse photography has become one of my most favorite pastimes, on a par with flying the Mavic 2 Pro. Time-lapse requires a tremendous amount of planning, and execution, as well as post-processing. It is a true art form. Add to this the addition of hyperlapse, and you will be kept very busy! This is good for my retirement! Timelapse can also be enhanced by the addition of a motion slider, and sub-specialties of timelapse such as astro-photography are able to capture gorgeous Milky Way and star filled sky films. When added together, e.g.: timelapse, hyperlapse, and flying the drone, you have a full time consuming commitment.

The average timelapse study of a 250 exposure, 10 second show requires a minimum of about 20-25 minutes. The processing time takes another hour, and I am not even counting the scouting time to find the place to perform the timelapse, and the set up and breakdown time of there equipment. All in all, the average 10 second clip requires 3-4 hours!!!

I would like to recommend the show reel of one of my most admired experts in timelapse and hyperlapse. I have paid for and taken his 6 hour course in hyperlapse and it was worth every penny. He is a brilliant young man from Poland. Here it is-enjoy!

Nice, but not something I would watch over and over. Each to his own, likes and dislikes. Its like people I talked to recently that still believe the earth is flat, collage educated, and trying to convince me of a conspiracy
about the earth being round. Like I said each to his own, live and let live.

This film from Vancouver was not mine.

So you are not a big fan of timelapse???Let me come to its defense!

Timelapse photography has become one of my most favorite pastimes, on a par with flying the Mavic 2 Pro. Time-lapse requires a tremendous amount of planning, and execution, as well as post-processing. It is a true art form. Add to this the addition of hyperlapse, and you will be kept very busy! This is good for my retirement! Timelapse can also be enhanced by the addition of a motion slider, and sub-specialties of timelapse such as astro-photography are able to capture gorgeous Milky Way and star filled sky films. When added together, e.g.: timelapse, hyperlapse, and flying the drone, you have a full time consuming commitment.

The average timelapse study of a 250 exposure, 10 second show requires a minimum of about 20-25 minutes. The processing time takes another hour, and I am not even counting the scouting time to find the place to perform the timelapse, and the set up and breakdown time of there equipment. All in all, the average 10 second clip requires 3-4 hours!!!

I would like to recommend the show reel of one of my most admired experts in timelapse and hyperlapse. I have paid for and taken his 6 hour course in hyperlapse and it was worth every penny. He is a brilliant young man from Poland. Here it is-enjoy!
Well...for a Christmas Day, I think we have milked this subject about as far as it can go. For anyone out there who is interested in learning timelapse, I have some great sources and web sites. I find that they really add another dimension to my videos, and there is nothing better for MEDITATION for an old retired guy, than to wait in my car for 2 hours for a Milky Way, stars scape, day to night or night to day sun/moon or moon/sunrise. Etc.
Have a wonderful Christmas. My roast is already in the oven! ( 4 PM Miami).

Dale

Reactions: SpitFire
wow he is a master of timelaps shooting, amazing show reel! The problem, by now the myriades of timelapse videos one can see on Youtube/Vimeo are more and more fizzled out...Of course there ar still some interesting and outstanding timelapse videos, as the ones of Tomasz Walcszak But most of the timelapse videos are rather boring to watch! My two cents

Hi Dale, I am sure that you will love the Video. 8and others too) There are some outstanding TimeLapse, enjoy ? Merry Christmas to you and your family ?
BTW, the video is of course not mine!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I also subscribed to your channel

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569