DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For testing purposes powering directly of 12v PSU?

IceWyvernLv

Reactions
I recently bought crashed mavic air from ebay. Nothing else but crashed drone came, is there any way I can attach 12V so to see if it is even worth repairing and to test it (I don't have battery for it)?

I can't see why that won't be possible; and you don't have much to risk anyway. See this thread on how to connect the external battery to the MA (there is some confusion at the beginning regarding which pins to connect the wires to, i encourage you to read the thread in its entirety - or atleast until you have a good idea of what you need to do)

Someone also powered on the M2 using an external battery in this thread

So by all means, tinker on! And do let us know how it goes :)

Reactions: IceWyvernLv
I can't see why that won't be possible; and you don't have much to risk anyway. See this thread on how to connect the external battery to the MA (there is some confusion at the beginning regarding which pins to connect the wires to, i encourage you to read the thread in its entirety - or atleast until you have a good idea of what you need to do)

Someone also powered on the M2 using an external battery in this thread

So by all means, tinker on! And do let us know how it goes :)
Thanx a lot! Will try soon!

Ok, managed it to have some life, but I have a problem, the only thing I get is solid greenish-yellow back light, nothing else, fan is not moving, the drone is slowly heating up and no front leds are working, when I power it on I get about 3 times small motor twitches. I have read online that it means main board is dead?

I think it is water damaged... Atleast those red stickers indicate that ?, will try to see if can fix that somehow...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan