DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those of you that want both cameras.

I thought the Enterprise was only available to dedicated commercial drone operators?
They've said with the spot lights it's great for search and rescue operations. Problem with that is, in the US, you'd have to have your 107 to do SAR and 107 pilots cannot fly at night without a difficult to get waiver. Kind of a waste of money.

They've said with the spot lights it's great for search and rescue operations. Problem with that is, in the US, you'd have to have your 107 to do SAR and 107 pilots cannot fly at night without a difficult to get waiver. Kind of a waste of money.
DIY M2P Enterprise. [emoji1] 20181201_212853.jpegscreen_7342a1d6828d63c9_1543728406000.jpeg

Ok I bought the Mavic Zoom and an additional Pro camera. Pretty easy to swap out. Every thing works as it should when swapped. Zoom control becomes aperture control.

So I'm looking to buy a Mavic 2 but cant decide on which one. I'm not professional photographer.
Now that you can get the cameras separate and swapping doesn't look to tough to do. I'm thinking to just get a second camera.
Amazon has the Zoom for $1178 and the pro camera is $595. For a total of $1773. The Pro is $1446 and the zoom camera is $495.For a total of $1941. (I've seen zoom cameras on ebay for $320 but don't know if they are OEM DJI) Anyway looks like the Zoom with the Pro camera is the way to go. Any thoughts on this?

I was torn between the zoom and pro but while I am a 107 I mostly use this for hobby and promotion of my business. The zoom feature is awesome and there is no way I would trade this function for the rigid camera of the pro. I sold my P4A which was superior to any of the drones I have owned as far as image quality but the zoom is close and the dolly zoom and ability to get in close without getting in close is a game changer.
For general stuff I use my new MA, I paid $1070 for the M2 and $500 for the MA so this was a good way to go for me.

So I'm looking to buy a Mavic 2 but cant decide on which one. I'm not professional photographer.
Now that you can get the cameras separate and swapping doesn't look to tough to do. I'm thinking to just get a second camera.
Amazon has the Zoom for $1178 and the pro camera is $595. For a total of $1773. The Pro is $1446 and the zoom camera is $495.For a total of $1941. (I've seen zoom cameras on ebay for $320 but don't know if they are OEM DJI) Anyway looks like the Zoom with the Pro camera is the wat to go. Any thoughts on this?

Any links that I can purchase the zoom camera? I have the M2P but would love to buy the zoom camera if it’s possible to swap them out. And any links on how to swap them out. Thanks.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Any links that I can purchase the zoom camera? I have the M2P but would love to buy the zoom camera if it’s possible to swap them out. And any links on how to swap them out. Thanks.

What part of the world are you in? Plenty on eBay and whilst I know the Chinese are prone to counterfeit I doubt anyone has the technical expertise/ tooling capability to clone the camer module yet.

What is M2P Enterprise?

The latest Mavic 2 version. Basically, it is a Mavic 2 Zoom with a mount on top to connect a speaker, a spot light or a high intensity strobe. It also has upgraded batteries with built in heaters for flying in cold weather. It's mostly targeted to search and rescue.

Although this sounds like a good idea I just purchased a simple order from DJI and during shipping my order was lost by FedEx and it has been over a month before it was resolved. And I still haven’t received it yet.
Are you friggin kidding!! FedEx looses it (which probably means someone at FedEx knows what boxes from DFJI shipping addresses look like & kept it for an early xmas gift) and you still havent gotten what you re paying for?!? WOW!

The cameras are on ebay and the swap video is on you tube. simple search will find them.

Hey Everyone! First time posting. Have been following this forum for quite a while and really appreciate all the helpful info and tips! In line with this thread, I have wondered if it is possible to buy just the zoom without any of the accessories that normally come with it. I bought the Mavic 2 (after crashing my P3A into a trout stream in the Blue Ridge Mtns.!) but now really want the zoom also. I never thought of switching cameras, but was thinking of buying the zoom just by itself since the remote and batteries are the same. Any thoughts?

Hey Everyone! First time posting. Have been following this forum for quite a while and really appreciate all the helpful info and tips! In line with this thread, I have wondered if it is possible to buy just the zoom without any of the accessories that normally come with it. I bought the Mavic 2 (after crashing my P3A into a trout stream in the Blue Ridge Mtns.!) but now really want the zoom also. I never thought of switching cameras, but was thinking of buying the zoom just by itself since the remote and batteries are the same. Any thoughts?
I haven't seen any around. Probably check ebay. I saw a body only with no camera on there and a camera separate. Probably
more cost effective to buy the zoom and sell parts not wanted. Batteries are hot items and I've seen controllers for 275. Might get $350-400 for the accessories. The zoom is $1178 on amazon.

Interesting thread, thanks to the OP. I've just joined these forums as I have an M2 Pro arriving on Wednesday, and I agonised for weeks over which one to get. In the end, because most of my interest is in still photography, I chose the Pro. But I'm still envious of the zoom function (mainly because of the FOV difference between wide and standard lens lengths offered by the Zoom).

I didn't realise it was possible to get hold of the cameras as a separate item, but I found the zoom lens (from a variety of Chinese sellers) easily on UK eBay just now, thanks to this thread - . So I might go down the lens module swapping route some time in the future.

I've got a few years experience building quadcopters from scratch, prior to settling on DJI (currently a Phantom 3A), so swapping parts out doesn't fill me with dread!

Amazon has the Zoom for $1178 and the pro camera is $595. For a total of $1773. The Pro is $1446 and the zoom camera is $495.For a total of $1941. (I've seen zoom cameras on ebay for $320 but don't know if they are OEM DJI) Anyway looks like the Zoom with the Pro camera is the wat to go. Any thoughts on this?

I have the Zoom and love it. I am not a professional photog nor do I play one on TV, but from my layman perspective, the pics and video are stunning. I have added ND filters and shoot in manual mode, 4k 24 FPS and 1/50 shutter. Perhaps get the Zoom first, learn what it can do and then make a decision. If you still want a pro camera, then pick it up later. My .02. (With that said, if I knew my wife would not kill me, I would buy both drones and not have to worry about swapping cameras, and then learn to love the Pro too!)

Don't get me wrong. I have had issues with drones. I've had them since the phantom 2 came out. I just would not send one back to DJI .
I have had 1 problem that was a DJI issue and one that was mine. Cracked shell on my P3 - turned around by DJI in 10 days and they replaced a motor at 0 cost to me. The other problem I had was 100 percent on me. Dunked my camera on the Mavic. Sent in for care refresh - i was without the bird for just over a week.

No problem at all with DJI products or the service but that's just me I guess. I have had more problems with other brands and more problems getting them turned around than my DJI products.

I have a Mavic Pro ZOOM CAMERA I’ll sell you for a lot less then $495. Wow that’s how much people want. I’ll send pics or whatever you need. Let me know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid