DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those of you who sent photos of your drone after a recent request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandwich

Reactions
You have been cataloged. You might as well add your social security number and mother’s maiden name.
Your photo are Geotagged, and many of these photos were taken from your home, or close by. Now, you just gave all that info to someone you don’t know, for what?

Last edited:
You have been cataloged. You might as well add your social security number and mother’s maiden name.
Your photo are Geotagged, and many of these photos were taken from your home, or close by. Now, you just gave all that info to someone you don’t know, for what?
And how would it matter if someone was to investigate the metadata that would show where the drone was when the photo was taken.
All it would reveal is that the drone was near somewhere that might or might not be near the flyer's house.
Your fears are exaggerated in the extreme.

And how would it matter if someone was to investigate the metadata that would show where the drone was when the photo was taken.
All it would reveal is that the drone was near somewhere that might or might not be near the flyer's house.
Your fears are exaggerated in the extreme.

Youre probably right. I’ve never heard of anyone using information gathered from a social media site to target them.

Youre probably right. I’ve never heard of anyone using information gathered from a social media site to target them.
To take it a little further, most people taking a photo of their drone in flight, are using a non-GPS enabled camera so there would be no location data in the metadata to show where it was taken anyway.

To take it a little further, most people taking a photo of their drone in flight, are using a non-GPS enabled camera so there would be no location data in the metadata to show where it was taken anyway.

I am thinking too that privacy concern may be addressed by running photo through exiftool or something similar which wipes any meta data before you post online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird