DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those who use the mavic pro commercially?

Lawrencerbe

Reactions
I am in the process of getting my FAA107. All I want to do is work with physical trainers for Ariel videos and some realtors. Will the mavic pro be suffice or will I need to invest in a drone like an inspire 2 or p4p. Keep in mind this is just side income for me unless I am making money hand over fist. Thanks to those who respond

Works perfectly for my needs! In recent years I have flown a Blade 350, Phantom 2, Yuneec Q500+, 3Dr Solo and the MaVic. The Mavic is by the best out of all of them. I really don't have to do much in terms of color correction & lens correction when I shoot stills or video for real estate. I really wish that I had purchased the Mavic back in the beginning of the year instead of the 3Dr.

Reactions: Troncat
Works perfectly for my needs! In recent years I have flown a Blade 350, Phantom 2, Yuneec Q500+, 3Dr Solo and the MaVic. The Mavic is by the best out of all of them. I really don't have to do much in terms of color correction & lens correction when I shoot stills or video for real estate. I really wish that I had purchased the Mavic back in the beginning of the year instead of the 3Dr.
Thanks alot

I am in the process of getting my FAA107. All I want to do is work with physical trainers for Ariel videos and some realtors. Will the mavic pro be suffice or will I need to invest in a drone like an inspire 2 or p4p. Keep in mind this is just side income for me unless I am making money hand over fist. Thanks to those who respond
The Mavic is great but commercially I'd take someone more serious that showed up with an Inspire , just saying...

The Mavic is great but commercially I'd take someone more serious that showed up with an Inspire , just saying...

My friend in Canada flys inspires hex's and octo's for living, flew my mavic loved it bought one and now 75% of his jobs he uses it instead ;)

It is all about the end result !

95% of commercial guy's don't use landing pads, talk about looking non pro !

Last edited:
Like I said for what it is the Mavic's a great bird I'm impressed and fly it a lot but the video from my Inspire 1 is much sharper especially when comparing 1080

That's great that you have an Inspire, but do you know enough how to use it without drawing attention to yourself in a neighborhood? For me, that is one of the main advantages that the Mavic has over the Inspire. You are also underestimating the average real estate agent, because they really don't care if I had an Inspire or Mavic. I wish it were different, but they just want still images or video that will help sell their property at a Mavic price.

Reactions: Rbruz and Zodiac
I have a Phantom 3 Pro for a few years and also a Mavic Pro for last 6 months. Took my FAA 107 and now licensed and insured. The few commercial jobs I have done, used only my Mavic. So much faster to get flying but also awesome videos. I recommend the Mavic as the only drone you will need and also recommend RemotePilot101 for study to pass FAA107, well worth the money and passed with a 95%.

I bought the Mavic Pro instead of a Phantom to do real state work -I'm opening a realtor with my family- and to do some aerial photography and video work, and I truly believe it can do the job without many problems.

While it is my first drone, I did my research, and I decided to go with the Mavic instead of a Phantom, mostly for portability, ease of use, and the "good" camera -I can do any image/video correction at post to fill most gaps that come with this camera-. Even the smaller FOV of the Mavic vs. the Phantom isn´t a problem in the eyes of many of my clients, friends, or people that don´t know a lot about photography or drones. Most people I have shown my -still poor, I had have the Mavic for about a week- footage and pictures are really impressed, and I already have some jobs waiting as soon as I get the grips on flying the drone and a little more confidence.

Sure thing, the Inspire it's a great quad, with awesome options and flexibility, and I'm considering buying one in the future. But for now, I believe that the Mavic is more than able to do the job, and I think that it may be the same case for you.

I do real estate and use both the Mavic and my Spark since the last Spark update. Mostly the Mavic but the Spark now has Pano180 mode which is great for capturing the fantastic views some of the mountain top homes have.

I do commercial work as well Part 107 certified, full aviation insurance ( very important for Federal, State & Local Municipalities ) started with the P3P, (still use it a lot) and now have a Mavic, the Mavic can also be used as a hand held OSMO due to it's small size, great for walking through a home for a smooth seamless video, Nikon DSLR is my choice for stills, The P4P has a larger camera FOV 120° and faster shutter & data rate as compared to Mavic's, it's a personal choice. Inspire & Matrice series is very versatile for things like tower inspections as they have interchangeable cameras some of which have Zoom & IFR features.

www.hummingbirdaerial.net

Reactions: Seph Blaze
I do real estate and use both the Mavic and my Spark since the last Spark update. Mostly the Mavic but the Spark now has Pano180 mode which is great for capturing the fantastic views some of the mountain top homes have.

6e4b603c9b696de42749b557185d3c13.jpg

Mavic Pano no problem, shot manually and stitched in PS easy peazy !

Wow! Awesome pano! Did you use the portrait mode of the camera? I'm tempted to do some vertical panos as soon as I get more used to operate the Mavic.

Nope just landscape. Its super easy to do, just pick a landmark rotate mav after shot overlap landmark and keep goin!

Reactions: Seph Blaze
6e4b603c9b696de42749b557185d3c13.jpg

Mavic Pano no problem, shot manually and stitched in PS easy peazy !
The client is impressed that I have a separate drone just for the pano. By the way - yours is nice.

I think it really depends on how the videos will be shown. If they are for YouTube after they apply their compression to your videos I don't think you need anything more than a Mavic. However no equipment and make up for poorly shot clips and poor editing. Sometimes we focus too much on the equipment and forget to learn proper techniques.

Reactions: Lawrencerbe
I think it really depends on how the videos will be shown. If they are for YouTube after they apply their compression to your videos I don't think you need anything more than a Mavic. However no equipment and make up for poorly shot clips and poor editing. Sometimes we focus too much on the equipment and forget to learn proper techniques.
Agreed. My first step is to get my FAA107. Then focus on editing

I have a Phantom 3 Pro for a few years and also a Mavic Pro for last 6 months. Took my FAA 107 and now licensed and insured. The few commercial jobs I have done, used only my Mavic. So much faster to get flying but also awesome videos. I recommend the Mavic as the only drone you will need and also recommend RemotePilot101 for study to pass FAA107, well worth the money and passed with a 95%.
Did you just focus on Remotepilot101 and read the Faa 107 booklet? I did pay for remote pilot 101. I hope to finish it next week.

Thanks everybody for the comments. I was thinking about buying the p4p and having my mavicpro as back up but I have changed my mind I will use my mavic and let the chips fall. If i see I am missing out on opportunities then I will upgrade but I believe all clients want is the final results

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka