DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those who use the mavic pro commercially?

Even for commercial work I think it helps that the Mavic draws a little less attention than other drones. It's a bit smaller, quieter, and a non-descript shape and color. It's quick and easy to unpack, unfold, preflight, and go so you get the job done sooner and your flight is more discreet. Unless you need the payload flexibility or high-end imagery of a larger "commercial" drone for specific types of work, the Mavic is an ideal platform. I think this especially holds if you do aerial work in communities or towns (e.g. real-estate aerials).

Reactions: Troncat
The Mavic is great but commercially I'd take someone more serious that showed up with an Inspire , just saying...

And it's for this very reason I bought both! Always take the two with me, whip out the Inspire for the "yep, he must be a professional" effect then explain the Mavic is more suited for whatever job it is. Works a charm every time :)

Unless it's high winds of 24km/h, the Inspire is left in the case.

Reactions: Seph Blaze
Thanks everybody for the comments. I was thinking about buying the p4p and having my mavicpro as back up but I have changed my mind I will use my mavic and let the chips fall. If i see I am missing out on opportunities then I will upgrade but I believe all clients want is the final results

Honestly, like you will be happy with the Mavic purchase. Just in August, I have shot 6 homes in subdivisions, 2 full subdivisions plus surrounding amenities, 1 18.5 acre horse farm, 1 120 acre horse farm (see images), and have three more properties to shoot by Thursday. The Mavic has delivered quality images and video each time!

I am FAA licensed and state licensed as well, and fully insured (not VeriFly!). Good luck with your testing.

Aerial 1.jpg Aerial 1.jpg

Attachments

• Aerial 10.jpg
    Aerial 10.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 23
I've been using a P3A for a little over two years, recently upgraded to the Mavic and got my Part 107 certification. I am using it for real estate work and the Mavic is hands down better than the P3A. Better camera, I like the smaller FOV and the ability to go portrait orientation is great. One of my shots is on a local real estate advertising magazine cover. With the P3A I would have had to stitches a 3 shot vertical pano to get the same shot with enough pixels on target for the required resolution.

The Mavic's smaller size makes it much more convenient to lug around with all the other gear I have to bring for a shoot. Never had an agent concerned I wasn't a pro for not having an Inspire.

IMG_0002.jpg

Like I said for what it is the Mavic's a great bird I'm impressed and fly it a lot but the video from my Inspire 1 is much sharper especially when comparing 1080

The Mavic with correct settings produces great results. And for showing up to the client with a Mavic. When I meet with them to discuss their needs, I bring samples of previous work with the Mavic and they are always more than impressed.

As of late, I have been playing around with some settings. For images & video I use PolarPro ND/PL filters (usually ND16) - I switched over to the combo and have had very good results. My image settings are JPEG+RAW, 4:3 ratio and D-Cinelike for color, while video is shot at 1080 24fps in D-Cinelike. All of my images and video are shot with manual exposure. From my perspective, these settings give me rich colors and good saturation, with me minimal post production.

I would recommend you play with your settings to see which you like.

Reactions: McMavic
@Lawrencerbe

I think you got the answer you were looking for here but I'll add my 2cents. I have both the Mavic Pro Platinum and an Inspire 2. My Inspire has the X4S lens. I did a comparison and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the Mavic and Inspire photos. I was kind of both shocked and disappointed. Disappointed that my Inspire 2 wasn't the winner by a large margin. Here's a link to my test: Camera Test: Mavic Platinum VS Inspire2 X4S

Mind you, it wasn't scientific but it was real world. So I'd say that you can most definitely do what you need to with a Mavic Pro. The nice thing about the Inspire 2 though, should you ever desire to increase the image quality, you can buy one of the upgrade gimbals. And as you know, with the Mavic you are locked into the camera. Don't worry though, for your needs I think the Mavic will work very well.

@Lawrencerbe

I think you got the answer you were looking for here but I'll add my 2cents. I have both the Mavic Pro Platinum and an Inspire 2. My Inspire has the X4S lens. I did a comparison and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the Mavic and Inspire photos. I was kind of both shocked and disappointed. Disappointed that my Inspire 2 wasn't the winner by a large margin. Here's a link to my test: Camera Test: Mavic Platinum VS Inspire2 X4S

Mind you, it wasn't scientific but it was real world. So I'd say that you can most definitely do what you need to with a Mavic Pro. The nice thing about the Inspire 2 though, should you ever desire to increase the image quality, you can buy one of the upgrade gimbals. And as you know, with the Mavic you are locked into the camera. Don't worry though, for your needs I think the Mavic will work very well.

Just a note, That post is over a year old, so dont be surprised if you dont get a response!

@Lawrencerbe

To my eyes there is no comparison between the two. The Mavic is the clear looser.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I've spent a lot of time analyzing both and there is no clear winner. Do you have both drones? If so can you upload images of the same thing from both so we can compare?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929