DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Force Landing @ 30% Battery

jaylitton73

Reactions
So I was out flying my Mavic Air this afternoon. When the battery reached 30%. I started bringing it in. As it got closer to me, I noticed it was losing altitude. It began a landing sequence at 30% battery. I checked my settings when I arrived home. I’m supposed to get a low battery warning at 30% but not a force landing. What am I missing?

So I was out flying my Mavic Air this afternoon. When the battery reached 30%. I started bringing it in. As it got closer to me, I noticed it was losing altitude. It began a landing sequence at 30% battery. I checked my settings when I arrived home. I’m supposed to get a low battery warning at 30% but not a force landing. What am I missing?
The battery voltage per cell is more important than the % indication.
What were the battery levels like?

Reactions: jaylitton73
Does MA let you select "Non-Dji Battery" in Assistant?
You shouldn't get a critical landing initiate unless your dipping below 3.5V (or what Voltage applies to MA) for awhile.

.... I’m supposed to get a low battery warning at 30% but not a force landing. What am I missing?

Isn't there another setting that tells it what to do when the low battery condition is met? IE Show a warning massage OR initiate a landing sequence.
While writing I realise I might be confusing the Low Battery responses with those on a laptop, but I'll leave the comment just in case I'm not :)
Regards

What am I missing?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

If like Mavic 2 it will initiate a landing at %30 sometimes, you cancel it and it leaves you alone.

Remember you can Counter Auto Landing with the sticks if close enough to get home.
Numbering your batteries is a good to do, as you get to know each ones quirks.

Some deplete at different rates along the %0-100 scale.

Basically like Meta4 said. Keep an eye on your Volts.
You can dip below 3.5V sporadically for a bit and be ok, but
as soon as your not going above 3.5V (at least on MP), Critical Battery and Landing will occur.

The battery voltage per cell is more important than the % indication.
What were the battery levels like?

I’ll check it out later this afternoon. I have to watch voltage with my non DJI drones. I’ve never had such an issue with DJI before.

Seems to be a fairly common issue here. Happened to me. From 36% to 0% INSTANTLY. then the emergency landing starts. X2 in the people who recommend analyzing your batteries with AirData.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661