DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

Just do not update anything and you will be ok, actually even with the update you should still be ok even

I updated to the latest firmware ending in .700 had multiple attemps on my iphone 6s+
And ipad pro gets to 92% then tells me firmware upload unsuccessful please try again. Learnt to Try it on my imac with DJI assistant 2 program still took several attempts to get a successful upload. Had to disconnect and reconnect mavic after a failed upload then it gave into my persistance and i got 100% succesfull upload. I signed in to my existing account as thats what the warning in the dji go4 app has been warning.
NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!! Ive emailed DJI with my rant awaiting response.
Im in AUSTRALIA and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues??
Have they completed the download with any limitations like mine??

I updated to the latest firmware ending in .700 had multiple attemps on my iphone 6s+
And ipad pro gets to 92% then tells me firmware upload unsuccessful please try again. Learnt to Try it on my imac with DJI assistant 2 program still took several attempts to get a successful upload. Had to disconnect and reconnect mavic after a failed upload then it gave into my persistance and i got 100% succesfull upload. I signed in to my existing account as thats what the warning in the dji go4 app has been warning.
NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!! Ive emailed DJI with my rant awaiting response.
Im in AUSTRALIA and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues??
Have they completed the download with any limitations like mine??

Did you also update the app on phone / tablet ?

Hmm, very strange. I did not have these issue and I am on latest also. The only thing I did was that I updated the remote and mavic from the assistant and the app on the phone after.

Reactions: TEKNO
I'm on .400 did not update app. Turned on Wi-Fi to get maps everything runs fine. Doesn't make you do anything if not wanted.
Ditto. Flew this weekend. I saw the firmeware notification I usually get, but was not prompted for an App update and did not look for one.
Flew fine. For now...

Another thing you can try is to reformat your card while inside the Mavic (from the app menu)
Have you tried logging in through the app? Maybe log out and log back in again through the "me" section on the first page of the app.
Edit: Sorry replied to wrong individual.

NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!!
Try to do as described below:
1) “MC Setting” - > “Advanced Setting” - > “Restore to Default”
2) “Gimbal Setting” - > “Advanced Setting”, - > “Reset All Setting”
3) “Reset Camera Settings”
4) uninstall the DJI go 4
5) in Android device, remove all the DJI folders
6) “Restore Factory Defaults” the Mavic (with DJI Assistant 2)
7) reinstall the DJI go 4
8) reinstall the firmware in the Mavic and in the RC with DJI Go 4
9) calibrate IMU
10) calibrate Compass
11) calibrate Vision System (with DJI Assistant 2)
12) “auto calibrate gimbal”
13) make twice “Gimbal Recenter”
14) adjust gimbal roll

Last edited:
Totally tried all recommended methods over and over. Unfortunately its going to DJI Melbourne for repairs. Fingers crossed its not to major. Hope they replace the whole unit, I had a small but very noticeable black mark in all my videos, turns out its very small and inside the camera lens DUST for sure. Pretty shocked since the product is well built and enjoyable but its always the tiny details that get overlooked that **** you to tears.
Thanks to all who gave good recommendations to fix my camera issue. No flying for me for awhile :(

So, at the moment you can't fly a Mavic in Sweden, period. Correct?

How will things change in on the first of August? Will filming be legal again?

Thanks.

MK

Yes, correct. Not legally. But it will start. Any drone with a camera is illegal to fly with today. A drone without a camera is legal to fly up to 120m height and only line of sight.

Filming will be legal again the 1st of august, but you still need to respect the people and their right not to be filmed.

Yes, correct. Not legally. But it will start. Any drone with a camera is illegal to fly with today. A drone without a camera is legal to fly up to 120m height and only line of sight.

Filming will be legal again the 1st of august, but you still need to respect the people and their right not to be filmed.

Wow,Great u turn.This is good news especially for holiday makers.Such beautiful scenery to film in Sweden.[emoji106]

Txs! :)

MK

Interesting. Upgraded my Mavic/controller battery(ies) to .800 last night. Shut down everything afterwards and then restarted everything (controller, Mavic, phone, Go4). Everything came up - no request to login to my account. Shut down everything again and restarted - controller, Mavic, phone, Litchi. Everything came up with no request to login to my account.
Created a Litchi waypoint mission, set all the parameters and then took it out for its flight. Performed the flight flawlessly. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 phone and live in Sydney, Australia. I've been reading the hysteria about this upgrade for several weeks and don't get it - nothing at all seems to have changed...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_