DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced landing when I flew into an AMA air space circle

SmackMan

Reactions
Flying my Mavic Pro on Maui when I got a “flying in a no fly zone, auto landing initiated” fortunately I was able exit out of it and bring my drone in for a safe landing. Checked Kittyhawk restricted airspace map and found out it is an AMA sight. My question is why would I not be aloud to fly into that space when it is designated for model and drone aircraft?

Ya when I checked the Geo map on the DJI App it doesn’t show any restrictions. For that matter there is nothing on there map.

My understanding you need AMA approval to fly in their reserve air space. I do not know what that means if you do not get it, before prior approval.

I do know that IUPUI, here in Indianapolis will shoot down your drone with a B.B gun, if you are caught flying up over the university property. I was told that by one of the University students that I met in one of the parks last weekend, here in Indianapolis. he was flying his drone in the park, when I met him. Mavic Air (drone)

My understanding you need AMA approval to fly in their reserve air space. I do not know what that means if you do not get it, before prior approval.

I do know that IUPUI, here in Indianapolis will shoot down your drone with a B.B gun, if you are caught flying up over the university property. I was told that by one of the University students that I met in one of the parks last weekend, here in Indianapolis. he was flying his drone in the park, when I met him. Mavic Air (drone)
If the student told it to you it must be true..... Any idea how hard it might be to down a sUAV with a BB gun? Very.......

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Pretty sure I could do it. There are air rifles that are more than capable.
Your awesome then- elite rifleman level no doubt.
You know there is a big difference between an air rifle and a BB gun. Even with a decent air rifle you will struggle to take a phantom down, assuming you can hit it which will be a feat in itself unless it’s flying very low.

I agree with all of you, being a U.S.marine, and an expert shooter. but then again I do not want someone shooting B.B.'s at any of my drones.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew