DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello fellow drone pilots

Hi there drone pilots

I am a total newbie but look forward to enjoying our hobby. I am a AMA member and registered my mini 2 se with the faa

I am a bit frustrated at this point. I live in a restricted airspace and due to DJI using geofencing( geo zones) I am in limbo until the FAA allows me to fly in my home area. Not sure why DJI feels this is necessary.
As a pilot who takes safety very seriously and follows the flight rules to the letter, I AM responsible for my drone and its flight. right? DJI is NOT responsible for my behavior so why the restrictions?

I KNOW what the restricted zone requires of me and will never violate the airspace I need to fly in.

JUst to activate my drone, I had to drive 30 miles to get outside the restricted airspace in my home area. I could not fly when I activated the drone as it was not safe.( area had cars, ) and the space is just not big enough to fly a drone. So now I have to wait to fly or drive long distances IF I can find areas open to the public

thanks for allowing me into this fine forum
Hopefully, you already KNEW that you lived in a restricted flight zone when you decided to buy a drone?
Sort of like, " why did my daughter marry that guy when she knew he was....? (fill in the faults).

Welcome, I spent many a day and night camped out in the woods across from Sikorsky watching all the test they run.

Greetings from Chicago the Windy City, welcome to the forum.
I feel your pain, I like to travel to rural area's to fly, right now in Door County Wisconsin.

Hopefully, you already KNEW that you lived in a restricted flight zone when you decided to buy a drone?
Sort of like, " why did my daughter marry that guy when she knew he was....? (fill in the faults).
of course I was aware of the restricted zones . I also knew that my club is a FRIA area I di d not know that DJI felt the need to control where and how I fly.I will keep after the FAA to allow my flights in this area and I am looking for areas to fly in open space as well. I am sure I will get this worked out

update -- we have a close friend who knew of a closed (old) airport about 30 miles from here. a wide open area . open field .plenty of room and NO GEO FENCING. the min 2 se flew well even in a light breeze. was alot of fun and very safe . :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh