DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FORGIVE ME but have a Scandisk question

Silver_Fox

Reactions
All please forgive my ignorance but can you help me understand why we need SD cards in our Mavic Pros if we can record video and photos directly to our phones? I just got a Mavic about a week ago and I just started getting into the editing via DJI Go 4 and was wondering if I need to go buy a new scandisk or just keep it full and record to my phone to make my vids... please advise and Thank you !

Quality of footage mainly. Plus, there's a cache limit in the DJI App that fills and unless you offload to a computer or SD card you will no longer be able to save to the app on your phone. SD's are cheap, don't get them any larger than 64gigs or the risk of corrupted files increases significantly.

The Mavic records up to 4k video to the onboard microsd card, but only 720p to the DJI Go4 app. The recording in the Mavic has no sound (It would just be blade and motor noise). The 720p video on the tablet or phone can also record the ambient sound using its own microphone.

I have a 4k TV and put the microsd card from the Mavic into the TV to watch the greatest recording quality. I then back up to a computer, and edit if I want to. The video cache looks good on a tablet but is only 720p. I clear the cache after it is full.

Reactions: JoeCec
Quality of footage mainly. Plus, there's a cache limit in the DJI App that fills and unless you offload to a computer or SD card you will no longer be able to save to the app on your phone. SD's are cheap, don't get them any larger than 64gigs or the risk of corrupted files increases significantly.

Great, Thank you!

Reactions: JoeCec
The Mavic records up to 4k video to the onboard microsd card, but only 720p to the DJI Go4 app. The recording in the Mavic has no sound (It would just be blade and motor noise). The 720p video on the tablet or phone can also record the ambient sound using its own microphone.

I have a 4k TV and put the microsd card from the Mavic into the TV to watch the greatest recording quality. I then back up to a computer, and edit if I want to. The video cache looks good on a tablet but is only 720p. I clear the cache after it is full.

Got it, Thank you that is helpful thank you all :)

Mine keeps saying cache full - - How do you clear it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta