DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Fort Frederick Maryland

It’s a remarkable fort in the classic revolutionary style, so well restored. Surprisingly, I didn’t even know about Fort Frederick until last year and visited on my way to Deep Creek Lake. I’m only about an hour away in Bethesda and plan to visit again soon as it was closed during the pandemic. I’ll have to post the clips I filmed with my M2P.
With regards to your filming, I’d recommend using POI instead of trying to fly it manually. Try to film a variety of shots with elevation changes, gimbal tilts, reveals, etc. Since you live in Maryland, I’d recommend flying Harpers Ferry, WV. It’s a great place to practice flying skills. Search for my posts on where to launch as most of that area is National Park land.

Let me know your thoughts on this video. Thank You

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This would have been an ideal subject for WAYPOINTS2. You can pre-plan the flight, including changes of heights, at your desk days before the flight. Then, just go out there and bring up the saved flight and hit go. The actual film is somewhat uninteresting.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

It’s a remarkable fort in the classic revolutionary style, so well restored. Surprisingly, I didn’t even know about Fort Frederick until last year and visited on my way to Deep Creek Lake. I’m only about an hour away in Bethesda and plan to visit again soon as it was closed during the pandemic. I’ll have to post the clips I filmed with my M2P.
With regards to your filming, I’d recommend using POI instead of trying to fly it manually. Try to film a variety of shots with elevation changes, gimbal tilts, reveals, etc. Since you live in Maryland, I’d recommend flying Harpers Ferry, WV. It’s a great place to practice flying skills. Search for my posts on where to launch as most of that area is National Park land.
Thank You for your recommendations

This would have been an ideal subject for WAYPOINTS2. You can pre-plan the flight, including changes of heights, at your desk days before the flight. Then, just go out there and bring up the saved flight and hit go. The actual film is somewhat uninteresting.
Thank You. In hind sight it was boring

It was not boring to me. For someone who will never get to visit in person I found your slowly circling the fort allowed me to see it and enjoy it.

It was not boring to me. For someone who will never get to visit in person I found your slowly circling the fort allowed me to see it and enjoy it.
I agree, showing drone videos on the forum helps us see things we will never get to visit. Every video doesn't have to be a perfect film masterpiece. If you really enjoy the editing more than flying fine, but I like being taken to different places in this world just to see the sites. Nice flight Mark.

I agree, showing drone videos on the forum helps us see things we will never get to visit. Every video doesn't have to be a perfect film masterpiece. If you really enjoy the editing more than flying fine, but I like being taken to different places in this world just to see the sites. Nice flight Mark.
Thank you. The loop around the Fort was one continues flight. And I was surprised that I was able to make the turns around the points of the fort and keep the camera view the same most of the time. The state of Maryland State parks are really nice. And they will let you fly there if you call ahead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellmo