DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forum "Drone police" members are here to help you not hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this, we simply don't want the bad publicity associated with dangerous flying. The media are on the lookout for any excuse they can get to tighten drone rules/laws. In my opinion, the laws are sufficient enough. So if you plan on breaking these drone rules/laws it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

Thumbswayup

You have to look with better eyes I suppose. I don't see any bad media on drones, just bad journalism. The drone market is thriving and people all over the world are enjoying this new hobby much more than most of the drone police are lol.

I bought a drone because of all the good media, I guess my cup is half full not half empty in this regard.

Pz

They get us all in trouble. Unfortunately, we all get tarred with the same brush.

I have been flying my drone every day for almost 7 weeks now and nobody has gotten me in trouble and to actually worry about millions of other people with drones affecting you in anyway whatsoever is a way of thinking that is so alien to me I will never ever understand it. Surely there must be other more important things in your life you could honestly worry about, where your attention, concerns and thoughts could be used in a positive and constructive way, to the betterment of all those around you? If you really believe for even a nanosecond that drone police moaning or policing another individuals posts and actions are going to change anything they do, then good luck.

I came here to learn about drones and I am very grateful for what everyday drone pilots have shared and taught me. On the other hand I have learnt almost nothing from most of the drone police, that's just a fact as seen from my experience and perspective.

Pz

I have been flying my drone every day for almost 7 weeks now and nobody has gotten me in trouble and to actually worry about millions of other people with drones affecting you in anyway whatsoever is a way of thinking that is so alien to me I will never ever understand it. Surely there must be other more important things in your life you could honestly worry about, where your attention, concerns and thoughts could be used in a positive and constructive way, to the betterment of all those around you? If you really believe for even a nanosecond that drone police moaning or policing another individuals posts and actions are going to change anything they do, then good luck.

I came here to learn about drones and I am very grateful for what everyday drone pilots have shared and taught me. On the other hand I have learnt almost nothing from most of the drone police, that's just a fact as seen from my experience and perspective.

Pz

Your name is well suited, again missed the point entirely...

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Just try reading it again, the penny will drop eventually lol.

I'm glad you liked something (my well suited name), it makes a pleasant change.

Reactions: JDawg
Just try reading it again, the penny will drop eventually lol.

I'm glad you liked something (my well suited name), it makes a pleasant change.

Yeah, perhaps take your own advice and check the post I was replying to. It's clear to me you're only here to troll, so this will be my last reply to you.

Drone Police are so fun to play with sometimes. Never ever take them serious (as 99% of us do anyway) and you'll get a wee laugh out of them.

Thanks for the smiles dude

Drone Police are so fun to play with sometimes. Never ever take them serious (as 99% of us do anyway) and you'll get a wee laugh out of them.

Thanks for the smiles dude
I don't usually laugh at them, I usually listen to what they have to say. Many of them know more than I will ever know. Maybe they saw something in a video that was illegal or unsafe that I missed. While it's all good fun to make videos that have a wow effect, sometimes it's not good to brag about them and show people what not to do.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Rnl and Thekidd76
I get what you are saying but I disagree dude. These guys are great pilots and they choose to explore and test their hobby in many ways and in doing so they expand the hobby through both their failures and successes. What I just don't get is how the drone police react. With everything that's going on in the world today they choose to bark endlessly at something so statistically safe that it just doesn't merit in the slightest their ridiculous over reactions and panicked state lol. Usually it just makes me laugh and I end up hoping that their mummies and daddies get home soon and make them a nice cup of warm milk to calm them down before bedtime. I've never seen a video of a pilot driving a car and flying a drone and if i did I would wonder deeply about the law enforcement in the area in question. I mean what other evidence do they need for a guaranteed conviction for dangerous driving? That has nothing to do with the long range leaderboards imo.
I can't and won't speak for others, but a lot of people would probably put me in the drone police or worse category in spite of some attempt on my part to "bite my tongue so-to-speak".

There are a lot of people out there doing things with drones that are totally clueless and apparently have their heads in the sand when it comes to drone laws, regulations, safety, wisdom, etc. They need to be alerted to what's going on so that they can hopefully make better decisions and avoid hurting themselves, somebody else, or damaging property, or bringing more negative press and tighter restrictions. That's the last thing that real enthusiasts need or want.

Then there are people out there that are just plain reckless and inconsiderate of others and very short sighted when they fail to understand the need for rules or laws - there are just too many careless, thoughtless, and reckless people out there to not have anything on the books. It's too bad, but that's reality.

Here's the video of the news story that I was talking about above. This guy's behavior was total lunacy. He's very fortunate something bad didn't happen, and if he did lose his drone or run his car off the road he would have totally deserved it. If he had posted his little escapade here and I saw it, I would have been all over him like white on rice.

I considered myself I guess a drone police in regards to this thread. Because I love this hobby, if I see someone's YouTube video violating drone rules regarding reckless behavior. I will report it immediately. Some people fly recklessly because it looks cool or looks better but whatever the outcome. It's illegal and they will get in trouble.
Mr. Steel and gang, of YouTube notoriety was one such fool. He and his gang have posted video of them doing questionable things in the past, I think the worst was bridge diving the support structures on the bridge above heavy traffic. They made the news, and yeah, more bad publicity. I think that he has since gotten his act together.

Yeah, his videos were awesome and cool, but he was acting like an idiot. How many dummies do you think are inspired by that kind of stuff? I did report him to the FAA and have no qualms about it. I'd do it again.

I can't and won't speak for others, but a lot of people would probably put me in the drone police or worse category in spite of some attempt on my part to "bite my tongue so-to-speak".

There are a lot of people out there doing things with drones that are totally clueless and apparently have their heads in the sand when it comes to drone laws, regulations, safety, wisdom, etc. They need to be alerted to what's going on so that they can hopefully make better decisions and avoid hurting themselves, somebody else, or damaging property, or bringing more negative press and tighter restrictions. That's the last thing that real enthusiasts need or want.

Then there are people out there that are just plain reckless and inconsiderate of others and very short sighted when they fail to understand the need for rules or laws - there are just too many careless, thoughtless, and reckless people out there to not have anything on the books. It's too bad, but that's reality.

Here's the video of the news story that I was talking about above. This guy's behavior was total lunacy. He's very fortunate something bad didn't happen, and if he did lose his drone or run his car off the road he would have totally deserved it. If he had posted his little escapade here and I saw it, I would have been all over him like white on rice.

Thank you this is exactly what we're talking about, I simply couldn't of said it better.

[QUOTE="I have seen proof that certified FAA pilots stalk this forum and call out legalities.

That's true, and some just take it upon themselves to "legitimise" themselfs for doing so. Know one needs a daddy or a parent here. This is NOT a parenting forum![/QUOTE]
We're not "PARENTING" so much as we are "POLICING" our Hobby...be safe, fly smart

Reactions: Former Member
The FAA and the drone police don’t see eye to eye on what’s legal and what’s not.

The Four hundred feet rule is a perfect example
Confusion confusion confusion

Flying at night the drone police still confused!
Confusion confusion confusion

I prefer to get my info directly from the FAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian