DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward/Back and Yaw on one stick

Tomski

Reactions
I'm new to drones. Got my mavic few weeks ago and i love it. Just so amazed by the technology of the little guy.
I've been flying with the standard setup of the control sticks. However it occured to me that it would make more sense and it would probably feel more natural to have yaw and forward/back on the same stick. Ive set it up tonight on my controller but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. What do you guys think?

I think, the problem could be, that put accidently yaw when you move stick forward or backward and it becomes more difficult to go straightline.
Try it, and if it works for you, keep it.

I use it that way. I have two issues which I'm not sure are fixed yet (haven't had time to fly or recheck) - Firstly I cannot arm the motors, or kill them, by CSC. Secondly the roll (now on left stick) is backwards. If you get a chance, check those.

I'm new to drones. Got my mavic few weeks ago and i love it. Just so amazed by the technology of the little guy.
I've been flying with the standard setup of the control sticks. However it occured to me that it would make more sense and it would probably feel more natural to have yaw and forward/back on the same stick. Ive set it up tonight on my controller but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. What do you guys think?

That's how I flew my P3P when i got it a few years ago and loved it. I later changed it back to default because i was experimenting with different apps that only allowed you to fly with the default stick setup. Since then, I've never gone back to that custom joystick setup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan