DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward sensors revenge.

Iminit2deep

Reactions
I was setup to try out my MP tripod mode indoors. Maybe I was a little close to my patio doors but then I wasn't going anywhere just setting up the mode after take off. As I lifted off the drone shot straight backwards into the opposite wall busting my drone.
The question is, is it necessary for the drone to react this way as I wasn't going anywhere but up! Surely the drone should only react this way when running into an object not from a standing start!
My beloved drone is now on it's way to the repair yard in the Netherlands. ( speedy return hopefully )
I hope none of you ever experience this reaction from your drone as I frightened the life out of me!

I was setup to try out my MP tripod mode indoors. Maybe I was a little close to my patio doors but then I wasn't going anywhere just setting up the mode after take off. As I lifted off the drone shot straight backwards into the opposite wall busting my drone.
The question is, is it necessary for the drone to react this way as I wasn't going anywhere but up! Surely the drone should only react this way when running into an object not from a standing start!
My beloved drone is now on it's way to the repair yard in the Netherlands. ( speedy return hopefully )
I hope none of you ever experience this reaction from your drone as I frightened the life out of me!
I am sorry to hear of your loss, I think we have all made the mistake of flying indoors at least once (I did it on my first flight, hit RTH and the drone shot up and nailed the ceiling.)

I was setup to try out my MP tripod mode indoors.

The Mavic should not be flown indoors.

Flying indoors is an advance flight. As such, the pilot should understand all of the settings involved. There are several other settings that could lead to a crash as well when flying indoors.

The Mavic should not be flown indoors.

Flying indoors is an advance flight. As such, the pilot should understand all of the settings involved. There are several other settings that could lead to a crash as well when flying indoors.
Yes that's all too well but you didn't answer my question. Why should the Mavic react in such a way?

Logs aside, do you think the drone reacted unnecessarily as all I needed was to lift off to set up my tripod mode. Granted the forward sensors were still turned on, but for the drone to react in such a manor was not required as it was motionless!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk