DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error

hanjinsahn

Reactions
Hi folks, noobie here. I appreciated all the comments received on the other thread I posted about how I couldn't get my propellers to spin... yep I felt stupid :(

Now that I got the Mavic to hover a few times, I'm getting a 'SYSTEM WARNING' on my RC. In the DJI GO 4 app, I'm getting this note:
  • Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error. Precision Hovering and Obstacle Avoidance may fail.
  • Recalibrate Vision System by using DJI Assistant 2,or use DJI GO for urgent issue. If [you using] Spark please contact DJI Support for repairs.
So I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2, and it has a calibration button. However this button appears to be for the Visual Positioning System. Wondering is this is suppose to be the same as the Forward Vision Sensor, mentioned in RC warning note.

The OTHER issue:
  1. DJI Assistant 2, will not allow me to calibrate. It stops with the message - 'Frame alignment error, please reboot the drone'. Tried rebooting the drone more times than I can count but to no avail :mad:
  2. Found this thread: Assistant 2 shows "Frame Alignment Error" - apparently other folks are having the same issue.
  3. Tried installing the DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop. But it has the same problem. Is this some kind of glitch in the DJI Assistant software.
I honestly DO NOT want to return this MAVIC, if this is a known issue that is easily remedied. Any comments and recommendations would be really appreciated. Thanks all in advance!

Reactions: cmuchmore
Each case is of course different, but I had that error three times, and each time all I had to do was move the drone to a different spot or change the direction in which it is pointing so that it wasn't "seeing" anything on the ground as it was firing up. I clipped that info, though, just in case!

Reactions: harryb
Thanks for the link. I read it and it looks like its going to be an uphill battle to try and get this calibrated. So far, thumbs down on this Mavic. Something as simple as this shouldn't be so difficult that you have try your computer, your laptop, your neighbors computer, your friends computer, work computer.... and so on. Hahaha

Think ima go get my refund now. Boooooo :(

Thanks for the link. I read it and it looks like its going to be an uphill battle to try and get this calibrated. So far, thumbs down on this Mavic. Something as simple as this shouldn't be so difficult that you have try your computer, your laptop, your neighbors computer, your friends computer, work computer.... and so on. Hahaha

Think ima go get my refund now. Boooooo :(
Maybe it's time to find a mistress with a powerful computer

Reactions: Bob G
I'm having the problem where I get to the calibration screen but the calibrate button is greyed out with a spinning ball. I've upgraded and downgraded several times but can't even get to the calibration screen. Any ideas? I'm on a Mac

Reactions: hanjinsahn
I'm having the problem where I get to the calibration screen but the calibrate button is greyed out with a spinning ball. I've upgraded and downgraded several times but can't even get to the calibration screen. Any ideas? I'm on a Mac
'ME MAC TOO' any ideas appreciated- so far wasted half a friday night trying dozens of times and failing...
Hi guys, I'm not sure how to fix this issue on the Mac. BUT, I was able to fix this issue on my Windows 10. So for all the Windows 10 users out there, here is the link to the mavicpilots thread where you can find, AverageDad's video: Front vision sensor calibration error?

His video is not hi-tech state of the art frufru bs. It just works and that's what matters. Hopefully mac users might be able to use this vid to get some ideas or provide them with some clues as to what it is they should be looking for.

NOTE 1: 'After' I restarted my computer using AverageDad's (unbelievably simple) steps, I deleted the DJI Assistant 2 off my desktop and reinstalled the software, making sure to allow everything that popped up during the install process. I didn't allow all the pop up stuff during the first install, not that I think it would have made a difference. When I launched the DJI Assistant 2, the first thing I did was log in. Then I went straight to the calibration button, clicked 'Next' twice, and that BEAUTIFUL 'Calibrate Now' button was glowing blue!!!, not that nasty grey color.

After hitting the 'calibrate now' button, I ran through follow the square process (FINALLY). Then, I saw the progress bar showing percentage completed. I thought for sure the calibration would fail by 78%, since i read about others having this issue at this stage of the calibration. BUT IT FINISHED at 100%!

NOTE 2: I think what started me down this harrowing experience was that the STICKERS on the front vision sensors were STILL ON, at my FIRST FLIGHT. I looked at those stickers and said, hey those are good screen protectors.. I'll leave them on. Bad idea!

Well, i guess Ima keep my Mavic after all! Good luck guys. Until DJI provides a driver fix for the DJI Assistant 2, keep searching and keep trying!

Reactions: rocdok
hanjinsahn- HUGE THANKS for this- it worked! I will thank the Average dad- i feel like sending him money. One big FYI for everyone else- the micro usb cord I was using on my macbook was 21 inches. I needed **24** for my particular all in one pc at work. I got 1/2 way through the recalibration and had to bail- what a nightmare of control alt delete, reinstalling DJI assistant etc and a few other weird things went wrong as a result. This whole process would have taken maybe 15 min tops and it ended up an hour+ due to my mistake of cord length. I'm happy in the end thx again!!

Reactions: hanjinsahn
hanjinsahn- HUGE THANKS for this- it worked! I will thank the Average dad- i feel like sending him money. One big FYI for everyone else- the micro usb cord I was using on my macbook was 21 inches. I needed **24** for my particular all in one pc at work. I got 1/2 way through the recalibration and had to bail- what a nightmare of control alt delete, reinstalling DJI assistant etc and a few other weird things went wrong as a result. This whole process would have taken maybe 15 min tops and it ended up an hour+ due to my mistake of cord length. I'm happy in the end thx again!!
That's awesome! So glad to hear this solution is working for others as well. Big thumbs up to AverageDad!!! Just goes to show, you don't have to have a fluffy presentation to have GOOD INFORMATION! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: rocdok
I am having the identical issues. I re-calibrated the IMU and the Compass. I have updated both the Mavic and the RC with the DJI Assistant too. I was unable to calibrate and kept getting the reboot nag. I should note that when I initially got the Mavic I successfully calibrated the forward sensors with the firmware at the time.

I too appreciate all the good information that is put out by the forum. Thanks to all.

Chuck

Hi folks, noobie here. I appreciated all the comments received on the other thread I posted about how I couldn't get my propellers to spin... yep I felt stupid :(

Now that I got the Mavic to hover a few times, I'm getting a 'SYSTEM WARNING' on my RC. In the DJI GO 4 app, I'm getting this note:
  • Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error. Precision Hovering and Obstacle Avoidance may fail.
  • Recalibrate Vision System by using DJI Assistant 2,or use DJI GO for urgent issue. If [you using] Spark please contact DJI Support for repairs.
So I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2, and it has a calibration button. However this button appears to be for the Visual Positioning System. Wondering is this is suppose to be the same as the Forward Vision Sensor, mentioned in RC warning note.

The OTHER issue:
  1. DJI Assistant 2, will not allow me to calibrate. It stops with the message - 'Frame alignment error, please reboot the drone'. Tried rebooting the drone more times than I can count but to no avail :mad:
  2. Found this thread: Assistant 2 shows "Frame Alignment Error" - apparently other folks are having the same issue.
  3. Tried installing the DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop. But it has the same problem. Is this some kind of glitch in the DJI Assistant software.
I honestly DO NOT want to return this MAVIC, if this is a known issue that is easily remedied. Any comments and recommendations would be really appreciated. Thanks all in advance!
l

Have you gotten this figured out yet? I haven't. If you do, let me know.

The OTHER issue:
I had the same issue as a lot of Mavics. I tried both the assistant 2 and the square dance. When I tried the move the Mavic in a square in kept telling me the surface was too unlevel or to many patterns. Was about to give up when I looked the Mavic over and found a tiny piece of plastic film on one of the front sensors . Tried the calibration dance one more time and it took less than a minute to calibrate. Check for small protective pieces of clear film on all sensors and camera face

Reactions: A10fxr
Just started getting this calibration error. Was hoping I could calibrate though the GO4 app but can't seem to do it. The sensors are listed as "normal" so I guess it's just a calibration error. Frustrating as I don't have access to a laptop or desktop.

The OTHER issue:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52