DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision Sensor Error out of nowhere

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Update: I have opened a repair ticket.

Original post:

I have 4 batteries that I always store between 60% and 65% by discharging manually, typically by turning the drone on and sitting idle with occasional motor starts until a fully charged battery comes down to that charging level, all indoors with no actual flight. Yesterday I discharged one battery, and then, after some time, I inserted the second battery, and the red notifications appeared out of the blue. Forward vision sensor error (codes 180018 and 180019). Following are the steps I took for troubleshooting:

1. I tried to calibrate sensors in DJI Assistant 2, but nothing started when I pressed calibrate. I am familiar with how to calibrate properly. Here I noticed that if I cover the sensors with my finger, then the "Vision Sensors Blocked" notification appears on the Fly app.

2. Refreshed firmware using the Assistant 2, but no success.

3. The drone has not crashed, been doused with water, or had any similar incidents throughout its service time.

4. Here is the PhantomHelp log viewing link: DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help ... WBDPYWFHA57BVJUQPZ1

Please also find the screenshots attached of the error messages as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811-143203.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-143203.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240811-143209.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-143209.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 7
Update: I have opened a repair ticket.

Original post:

I have 4 batteries that I always store between 60% and 65% by discharging manually, typically by turning the drone on and sitting idle with occasional motor starts until a fully charged battery comes down to that charging level, all indoors with no actual flight. Yesterday I discharged one battery, and then, after some time, I inserted the second battery, and the red notifications appeared out of the blue. Forward vision sensor error (codes 180018 and 180019). Following are the steps I took for troubleshooting:

1. I tried to calibrate sensors in DJI Assistant 2, but nothing started when I pressed calibrate. I am familiar with how to calibrate properly. Here I noticed that if I cover the sensors with my finger, then the "Vision Sensors Blocked" notification appears on the Fly app.

2. Refreshed firmware using the Assistant 2, but no success.

3. The drone has not crashed, been doused with water, or had any similar incidents throughout its service time.

4. Here is the PhantomHelp log viewing link: DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help ... WBDPYWFHA57BVJUQPZ1

Please also find the screenshots attached of the error messages as well.
one possible cause - one possible solution.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n