DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision sensor unavailable

melmartin

Reactions
Last few flights I get a forward vision sensor unavailable warning. I only see it when using RTH. Sometimes it appears at 90 feet when landing sequence is starting. Sometimes within 10 feet of the ground. I calibrated my forward sensors using my Mac this morning and they were fine. In regular flight they work fine. I tested them several times flying toward obstacles and got the appropriate audio warning and red arcs on the display.

This seemed to start with the latest update of the DJIgo4 app.

Anyone have any ideas? Next step is contacting DJI.

Thanks in advance.

Mel
Tucson AZ

You do know that if you are in Sports Mode, they sensors are OFF. Could it be warning you that in the RTH sequence that your sensors are off?

Flying into the sun perhaps and the forward vision sensors are misinterpreting the sun as an obstacle?

I suspected that too, so this morning I set up my landings 180 degrees from the sun,. She error. I suspect a software bug as it is only in RTH.. works perfectly in other modes... submitted a note to DJI support.. see what they say...

Could well be... kind of a weird issue. Besides the little glitches I absolutely love the Mavic Pro. I'm a private pilot and this is just as enjoyable. And I appreciate the ecosystem of accessories that enhance the Mavic. I bought a camera cover that also has the gimbal lock integrated into it. What an improvement over the two pieces, as the stock gimbal lock was a pain to seat properly.

Downgrading might be in your future...
Can I downgrade? I think the latest software came with a note that you can't regress. Looking at flight logs it's pretty clear this problem came when I upgraded. It's an iOS app, I'm not even sure one can downgrade.
mel

Do you have the latest IOS update? It has been reported that you have to have the newest IOS updates with the last couple app updates. Also there is some discussion that the newest IOS update is causing problems with some drones, but not the mavic pro.

Yes, it updated earlier this week, and that's when the forward sensor error appeared....
I've notified DJI, since I'm new to the drone I don't know how responsive they are..
mel

I do have the latest Mac OS update, but not sure why that would have anything to do with updating the iOS app. When the iOS app, Go4, updated, that's when the errors occurred.

It's not a gigantic worry.. the drone flies fine, and forward sensors are working except in RTH.

mel

I have just read threads where the IOS apple update solved problems caused by the DJI app update.
compatibility must have changed a little somewhere along the line.
DJI is working on the latest update for the problems with the IOS 11.2.5 maybe in a day or two a new DJI app update will fix you up!

I have seen the same warning occur over the last several flights. I also believe that it relates to the latest DJI app update, and has nothing to do with the iOS update, but I do hope that DJI will "fix" this without breaking something else - haha.

I have seen the same warning occur over the last several flights. I also believe that it relates to the latest DJI app update, and has nothing to do with the iOS update, but I do hope that DJI will "fix" this without breaking something else - haha.
Do you mean the firmware update? Could be. I reinstalled the iOS app this morning just for the heck of it. Lost all my flight data... sad. Should have thought of that.
I have written to DJI. They are clueless. They asked me if I crashed or had rough landings. Nope. The Mavic is a dream. Hope they get it together.

I am happy to report that this warning has now been removed from the latest version of DJIGo4 for iOS released this week.(Version 4.25) I tried three flights and did not see the warning, so perhaps my notes to DJI support were effective. The support person seemed clueless and I was getting canned answers. But it is fixed!

mel

Been too windy to fly here. I look forwarding to checking it out. thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor