DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found a Mavic Pro Crashed in the Snow Near Shaver Lake CA, How do I find the owner?

You can also go to FAA Lookup and see if they registered it there. The FAA number will give you the contact information of the owner.... if they have registered with the site.
Yes this is the contact to Reclaim Drone website. Enter the registration # (F.....). If the owner registered there, and it’s free, it will tell you who the owner is and give you any contact info the owner entered. I listed a phone, email address, and a reward message.

I noted that a few say they have info on sd card. Question is that it disappears when you reformat card, am I wrong. I have it under battery. Reason I ask is that I reformat the sd card once files are copied to external hard drive and all post work is done. Save raw files and final work done in post on external hard drive.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I noted that a few say they have info on sd card. Question is that it disappears when you reformat card, am I wrong. I have it under battery. Reason I ask is that I reformat the sd card once files are copied to external hard drive and all post work is done. Save raw files and final work done in post on external hard drive.
Unless they put it back when they reformat... easy.

While not applicable to all drones, on my Mavic Air I put that information on both the external SD card and the internal memory of the drone. While I typically format the SD card, I am not formatting the internal storage.

Reactions: gm383
Wondering if anyone put/stick any contact details on their bird?
Maybe like ‘if found , pls contact xxxxxxxx’

I wanted to do that since day 1 i got my MA [emoji28]

Reactions: Madmax229
Several sources available for labels. Reclaimdrone site also allows you to register and it let’s finder of a lost drone access info you want them to get by entering FAA reg number... free service. I use both.
Drone Labels (2 sets) with FAA UAS Registration and Phone Number
Explore using the pull down menu upper screen right. The vendors on this site also can provide labels.

Last edited:
Reclaimdrone.com also offers a “If Found” service. You can purchase different label packages from them but it’s not a requirement.
Just register with them, label the drone with the appropriate info and the finder simply has to visit the site to look up contact info.

I mention them because I have been working with Allen to have him offer both the label sets and let Canadians register their drones also. The site should reflect this change fairly soon.

I’ll be the first Canadian registered with them. And yes, I paid for my label set.
NB

I used my Brother label printer. These are on all my drones. FAA too [emoji6]

23a3c9455d2f629b168ace03c6ec6e7e.jpg

Reclaimdrone.com also offers a “If Found” service. You can purchase different label packages from them but it’s not a requirement.
Just register with them, label the drone with the appropriate info and the finder simply has to visit the site to look up contact info.

I mention them because I have been working with Allen to have him offer both the label sets and let Canadians register their drones also. The site should reflect this change fairly soon.

I’ll be the first Canadian registered with them. And yes, I paid for my label set.
NB
Great news!

Here’s the direct link to the info page you reference where the owner can be identified and message to finder left:
FAA Lookup

I do. In addition to the FAA #, I have another label with 'Reward if Found' followed by my name and cell number. Good old Brother label makers!

Reactions: Air_Joe
I used my Brother label printer. These are on all my drones. FAA too [emoji6]

23a3c9455d2f629b168ace03c6ec6e7e.jpg

My wife recently brought a brother label machine too!

Now everything in my house has a label!!!
From tv, individual room aircon , fan remote to all boxes in store room, every single jar in kitchen!!!! [emoji23]

She wanted to make labels for my drone too in case i lose it!

On the Dji forum the admins can organize to send the owner an email if you pm the serial number to them. Might want to post a thread on there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax