DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found a Mavic Pro Crashed in the Snow Near Shaver Lake CA, How do I find the owner?

How’s that work when you format the card? Thanks for sharing

I keep the file on my laptop and I FORMAT then immediately drop the file onto the card. Quick and easy as pie :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Some where in the forum was a discussion from someone who lost their drone last weekend and was asking help on how to locate it. I can't find the discussion but maybe it is the same drone?

The drone should have an FAA registration number on it. You could try google search as many owners have theirs listed with services.

Also many owners put their contact info in the battery compartment... to see, press buttons on the battery sides while holding the drone and the pull the battery straight up and out.

Hope you can reunite it with the owner!

Does the aircraft have a FAA "N" number assigned? If so you can go to FAA.gov, look under aircraft certification and on the far right side of the page is a "Look Up" box. You can see the registered owner of any "N" number aircraft with address.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 2.55.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 2.55.28 PM.png
    496.7 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Thomas B
Does the aircraft have a FAA "N" number assigned? If so you can go to FAA.gov, look under aircraft certification and on the far right side of the page is a "Look Up" box. You can see the registered owner of any "N" number aircraft with address.

Since when do they issue N numbers for drones?!

Found 17 March 2019. Is there a way I can locate the owner?

What I would do is, and I'm not sure if you would want to do this or not, but I believe every drone should have a code written somewhere on it as required by the FAA if it was legally registered. And if a person contacts you ask them for that number and if matches up you can return it from there.

I would hope that if you contacted DJI and provided them the serial # they would be able to contact the registered owner and give him your contact info.
That's a nice thought; thinking that DJI has customer support.

I’m gonna do that to all my sd cards too! Thanks!

You're welcome but I snagged that idea from someone else a long time ago as well. We put that on all SD cards now including non-drone cards. Just in case.

Our process is Format the card and then immediately drop the If Found TXT file on the card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J