DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND: DJI Phantom 3, Big Sur Ca.

Nice of you to try, amusing there are no identifying stickers on it the only thing I can think of is there anything on the SD card that could help.

Reactions: MA2 317
You might send an email to DJI with the serial number, they may have a record of the owner.

There should be FAA registration numbers on it if the owner is from the USA.
Law enforcement may be able to contact the FAA to find the owner.

You might also check the battery compartment for identification.

One last place to look is the SD card itself.

I put my owner's information on the card as a text file just in case the external identification is corrupt. Perhaps the owner did the same?

If anything, play the content from the card and see if you can pick out clues such as a license plate or something that may indicate the owner.

Enjoy the footage and good luck. You may have a new toy. ?

Nice of you to try, amusing there are no identifying stickers on it the only thing I can think of is there anything on the SD card that could help.

A friend forwarded the pic. After looking more closely I see there are no identifying numbers. These are just model, FCC, and compliance standards. I'll have him look for more numbers.

can maybe post an add on local craigslist, or find some facebook groups to post in as well. id do the above though and remove battery and look for any type of contact info. or removing the SD card and looking for info on that

UPDATE: I have the found drone in my possession. Looked through the SD card and didn't find anything to identify owner. Looking through pics and vids I know what owner looks like and he drives a white BMW with no front plate, so assuming he's out of state. The exact location was Big Sur California, Hiway 101 under Willow Creek bridge. Not too bad of condition. Took pic of serial number of drone and gimbal assy. Anyway to find owner?20201121_093730.jpg

UPDATE: I have the found drone in my possession. Looked through the SD card and didn't find anything to identify owner. Looking through pics and vids I know what owner looks like and he drives a white BMW with no front plate, so assuming he's out of state. The exact location was Big Sur California, Hiway 101 under Willow Creek bridge. Not too bad of condition. Took pic of serial number of drone and gimbal assy. Anyway to find owner?View attachment 117607

On a whim, I went to the Phantom Pilots site and found this post.

It's worth a shot.

UPDATE: I have the found drone in my possession. Looked through the SD card and didn't find anything to identify owner. Looking through pics and vids I know what owner looks like and he drives a white BMW with no front plate, so assuming he's out of state. The exact location was Big Sur California, Hiway 101 under Willow Creek bridge. Not too bad of condition. Took pic of serial number of drone and gimbal assy. Anyway to find owner?View attachment 117607
Have you tried posting on one of the Drone groups on facebook?

The link at bottom no longer exists.

The owner could be from literally anywhere. Big Sur is a bucket list destination. Those bridges along the PCH see lots of drone traffic. I’m impressed you came across a lost drone in such a rugged area.

Reactions: Steve LaBranche
The owner could be from literally anywhere. Big Sur is a bucket list destination. Those bridges along the PCH see lots of drone traffic. I’m impressed you came across a lost drone in such a rugged area.
The person that found and retrieved it was a very experienced mountain climber with 12 ft retractable pole with a hook. Once spotted, it took a second person on the bridge directing him to location. The rescue was quite a story in itself.

Reactions: MA2 317
Update: I've double checked with DJI customer support that the serial number i turned in did identify the owner of lost Phantom 3 in my possession and that owner has been emailed by DJI twice with my contact information. Three months have gone by with no responce. I have no use for it being an M2P owner.

It seems salvageable, missing one prop, one broken, all motors and gimbal move freely.

What should I do with it?

Steve LaBranche

you may post this also on dji forum, i dont know where you should ask them
and if the gps locaton was enabled on the pics on the sd card you may look at the pics that looks like his home and you will find where he live

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143