DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND.........Looking for a midair motor stop thread with a Mavic Mini or Mini 2, the pilot did this deliberately and.....

Yorkshire_Pud

Premium Pilot
Reactions
there was video. From memory a screen recording with telemetry.
The result was a crash and from memory the thread is from at least one year ago and possibly two years ago. I think it was flown in USA or perhaps Mexico and the stop was done at height, maybe 1000ft +. I think the pilot was young and they made a comment near the end of the thread which 'ticked off' quite a few of the thread's participants.

I have tried various searches but haven't found the thread, does anyone by any chance know of it or have it book marked?

Last edited:
May not be what you are looking for, because the drone was apparently restarted:

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Thanks 'guys',
@Reid937 I have had a quick skim and it looks interesting but not the thread I am thinking of.
@waynorth unfortunately not, unless I missed it, and I have scrolled through it until I was well into the irrelevant stuff. Including the lady swinging at and knocking the stuffing out of a hovering drone with a golf club, which always makes me chuckle.

It'a annoying because I normally bookmark such threads myself but I can't find a bookmark for it, nor a saved copy.

Reactions: waynorth
BINGO, a phrase in one post came to mind "lost all respect" what do ya know, a search for that found the thread, my mind is losing it, it was from January this year, whoops.

I hate it when that happens to me. I've even turned to members hear to jog my memory too. Cool when that happens Thumbswayup

This is the other one.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
My mavic pro actually restarted itself one time after shimming the top of a tall pine falling some 15 or 20ft getting right side up started and finished the mission but i couldn,t stall one and try and restart if myself

It is difficult to imagine a scenario where I would ever need to intentionally execute this maneuver. Perhaps it might be needed to avoid a helicopter approach just clearing the adjacent treetops, but one generally hears this coming enough in advance. Another might be to avoid being sucked up into a thunderhead where the lift is enormous, but why would I be flying then?

Whether or not situations can arise where it is needed has been endlessly debated and neither side gives ground, let's not start another debate.
With regards to hearing an approaching helicopter, some people have not and since I and others are deaf we can not.
I have wanted and tried to do it because a Phantom went crazy and was heading for a busy road at wind screen level, my attempt lowered the drone enough that it caught the intervening wall and crashed before the CSC could kick in.

Reactions: JoelP
I did find it interesting the the crash test pilot had his RTH set at 1640 foot.

• Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
My mavic pro actually restarted itself one time after shimming the top of a tall pine falling some 15 or 20ft getting right side up started and finished the mission but i couldn,t stall one and try and restart if myself
that would be rather odd, do you by any chance still have the logs?
You probably needed/need to change the response to the CSC position to stop the motors everytime at your command, and then the delay period is probably too short to be safe to leave it set that way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22