DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mid air restart

rydude123

Reactions
Is it possible to restart the Mavic Air 2 in the air, if you do an emergency stop at 400 feet, and let it free fall 200 feet, can you restart the propellers? I've seen that this is possible with the Mavic Pro, but I don't know if this is the case with the Air 2.

Rydude123, "just in case" BEFORE you contemplate doing it I would suggest you attempt to find out if the MA2 has any built in software that will prevent a motor restart if the MA2 is tilted excessively and or if that software is disabled in freefall.

Ice_2k, if you know the pilot of that mini would there be any chance of getting the txt and or DAT flight logs off them?
I'd love to have a look at them and see what it does in freefall.

That’s definitely a good reason to press “do not show again” rather then see the “check your propellers are on the right way screen”.

let us know how you go with that?

Is it possible to restart the Mavic Air 2 in the air, if you do an emergency stop at 400 feet, and let it free fall 200 feet, can you restart the propellers? I've seen that this is possible with the Mavic Pro, but I don't know if this is the case with the Air 2.
Let us know when you’ve tried it.... love to know the outcome, ??

Reactions: tiwag
Rydude123, "just in case" BEFORE you contemplate doing it I would suggest you attempt to find out if the MA2 has any built in software that will prevent a motor restart if the MA2 is tilted excessively and or if that software is disabled in freefall.

Ice_2k, if you know the pilot of that mini would there be any chance of getting the txt and or DAT flight logs off them?
I'd love to have a look at them and see what it does in freefall.
Yes i agree with you. Because it will gives some hope for MM owner.

I don’t have the link unfortunately, it was just some user on a local Facebook group that shared this story, there was no video of the event

OK, can you get them to come on here etc.etc,

BTW for those MA2 pilots that this interests you probably have to change the response mode to a CSC from the default to "anytime" or whatever that response is called in the MA2's fly app and. Be warned, the delay before a CSC position stops the motors maybe be very short. It's around 2 seconds for the Mavic Mini. That's too short IMO so the Mini flies in the default mode

Isn’t the MA2 light compared to the Mavic Pro? Just asking.

I have not tried it but I would imagine that the stick commands will tilt the craft before the motors stop. On land, if the tilt angle is large enough, the craft won't start the motors. I guess the behavior will probably be the same in the air ?

I saw a video and it just started to tumble. Not a good glider.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky