DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic 2 drone Delray Beach

Owner found. Teenager who received drone for Christmas yesterday morning.I Viewed stored video images which focused on large waterfront home on intercoastal waterway. House easy to ID. His aunt lived there and said he thought it went in the drink because he lost contact. Last flight was 2:55 pm and I found it behind my car about 3:20 pm 300ft from intercoastal on other side. I don’t know how these things work but it made a perfect landing four feet behind my parked vehicle. Yesterday was windy with large gusts. I must say I was blown away with the resolution from the Hasselblad lens. Best 4K I have ever seen. Maybe I need one? Anyway a nice ending to it all.....

Must have been pretty high winds for it not to be able to make it back to home point on low battery or signal loss.
Unless he ignored RTH warning and it ended up landing right there due to low battery.

Either way, it sounds like he lucked out it didn't land in the water.

Introduce him to this forum.

He probably didn't know how to set it up before he went flying. I bet he wasn't the only one either.

Owner found. Teenager who received drone for Christmas yesterday morning.I Viewed stored video images which focused on large waterfront home on intercoastal waterway. House easy to ID. His aunt lived there and said he thought it went in the drink because he lost contact. Last flight was 2:55 pm and I found it behind my car about 3:20 pm 300ft from intercoastal on other side. I don’t know how these things work but it made a perfect landing four feet behind my parked vehicle. Yesterday was windy with large gusts. I must say I was blown away with the resolution from the Hasselblad lens. Best 4K I have ever seen. Maybe I need one? Anyway a nice ending to it all.....

Thank you for your story and of course that you were so kind to research the user and bring back the drone.
Maybe you suggest the kid to register in our forum ;-)

Like @DanMan32 said, it must be high winds for this drone, to not make it back to the home point. I found my Mavic 2 Pro very wind resistant compared to the Mavic Air for example.

And the lens is... hmmmmm. You saw it for yourself :)

Such an amazing gesture of kindness! I would imagine that you really brightened his day! Thank you sir for your drone service! If you do purchase a Mavic please come back often to post here! Forum can use members just like yourself!

I put my AMA, FAA, name and phone number on mine, am I the only one?

I put my AMA, FAA, name and phone number on mine, am I the only one?
I do the same and add my address as well. Not concerned about the information being on the drone. If I don't do anything wrong I have nothing to hide.

Reactions: Rnl
I said the same thing, then I lost my drone. The person that found it used my info to locate my house and promptly robbed the location when I went to work the following day.

Reactions: Corey

Buy it from him. Sounds like you’d be a better fit for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803