DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found; Mavic 2's Achilles Heel.

Every drone that DJI has made has had its Achilles Heel. Phantom 3 Pro had a gimbal PCB that would fry when you updated the firmware if you didnt keep a fan blowing on it. Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 sometimes developed stress cracks on the motor pods from vibration. Mavics rear arms would fold up and destroy themselves upon even a gentle impact with the ground. Last but not least, our beloved new Mavic 2's have their soft spot.as well; the gimbal motor assembly.

I have repaired dozens of new Mavic 2 Pros and Mavic 2 Zooms, and the gimbal motor assembly will become irreparably damaged if you have a ground strike. The Zooms gimbal will flip backwards 180°. Sometimes I can flip them back and the gimbal will start working again. On the Mavic 2 Pro, the camera is super heavy. If it makes contact with the ground, the gimbal is essentially destroyed.

Folks, these are not toys. I love repairing them, but I dont want to repair yours next! Treat your drone like a lady, and she will serve you faithfully for a long time. Use your prop guards! Please! They are a small investment and will save your $600 gimbal.

Hope you all had a nice Valentines Day.

Rob,
Helpful post but how do prop guards protect a gimbal?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143