DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found my lost Mavic!!!!

mryeje

Reactions
Found the Mavic I lost back in july! Its sitting in a bag of rice. Anyone know how long to leave it in the rice?

Attachments

• dronef.jpg
    dronef.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: BluesDragon
I'd buy some packs of silica gel as it's been out there quite some time.

Hopefully you get the .DAT file off of it, very curious after your other thread.

Was there any damage to it? Did it look like it landed or crashed to ground? How did you manage to find it?

Hope you get it working or a warranty replacement.

I'd buy some packs of silica gel as it's been out there quite some time.

Hopefully you get the .DAT file off of it, very curious after your other thread.

Was there any damage to it? Did it look like it landed or crashed to ground? How did you manage to find it?

Hope you get it working or a warranty replacement.
Not much damage. all the props are fine, the battery was still in, one of the rear legs had the foot just below the motor snapped off. The gimbal looks fine,

Take the bottom off, look for white or green residue on the PCB

I took it off and it looks really good. I gently dried it off with a hair dryer. And left it in front of a space heater and dehumidifier for the night. I put the battery in and all sensors work, camera and final work, and all 4 motors.

Later I took it for a very small test flight and it worked fine but was a bit loud because of cracks in the props (I think)

Now that I know it flys and appears to function properly I'm looking for suggestions as im worried about actually flying it. Are the on-board diagnostics good enough to determine if its flight worthy or should I take to a repair center and have it examined?

Also does anyone know if its possible to see the onboard data straight from the Mavic or is that only for DJI to view?

That's pretty friggin' amazing that you found it after all this time!
Ironically i found it 10 seconds after stating that we (the search party) were currently in the area that i had estimated based on altitude and velocity that it should have crashed at. I glanced at the ground and there it was, just sitting in some moss under some small pine trees.

what kinda data do you want to see?

If it has any problems it'll show in the go app, you can check the batteries, imu & compass in the go app, vision sensors in the assistant 2 program

If you extend the options in assistant 2 then you can check motors / esc, imu, batteries and other stuff

what kinda data do you want to see?

If it has any problems it'll show in the go app, you can check the batteries, imu & compass in the go app, vision sensors in the assistant 2 program

If you extend the options in assistant 2 then you can check motors / esc, imu, batteries and other stuff
Ok ill do that when I get home. Thanks! Im also going to try to 3D print the little foot that broke off the front leg and order new props.

Let us know how you get on with the 3d printing, there's several people wanting the rear feet and front legs

Let us know how you get on with the 3d printing, there's several people wanting the rear feet and front legs

Ok ive photoscanned the foot, (not sure if its left or right but I can mirror it. I fixed up the model and scaled it the best I can, however the 3d print preview doesnt look perfect. I dont own the printer myself and cant optimise the final print; I just get my library to print stuff for me. Ill link you the stl file if they want to get it printed them'selves.

I am raising my hand :). I will be willing to buy a pair of the front legs if the quality is good enough.
I dont have a 3d printer but ill share a link to the stl file or thingverse link so you can get it printed.

Reactions: Porto
This discussion makes me wonder why drones aren't scarlet pink or yellow or some odd color in order to find them in trees and on the ground.

Reactions: jerryflah
Combination of decal and 3m reflective strips for awol MP.........

Attachments

• IMAG6963.jpg
    IMAG6963.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: Peter B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member