DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found my lost Mavic!!!!

So you did. The relevant DAT file was FLY101. Your mission requested a constant elevation of 45 m (148 ft) above the takeoff point, which was at 240 ft MSL. The following plot shows ground elevation and flight altitude above MSL for the flight.

View attachment 25205

As you can see, the aircraft held the requested 45 m altitude pretty well, but it was only around 70 ft AGL at the end of the flight when it hit a tree. The problem was that the waypoint elevations that you had programmed were too low for the flight path requested.

View attachment 25207
Wow, never thought there was that much change in elevation! I live near the top of the hill where I programmed the flight from but I can't argue with the data. Thanks for the analysis. Im lucky to have the drone back and I guess its not DJI's fault after all. Thanks for taking the time. I was convinced that the battery failed because the feed cut out way before the crash and the controller had a file called fatal.log. This sums it up. Im glad you did this for me because I was going to ship the drone to DJI but I wont now. You saved me time and money, thanks again!

Reactions: sar104
Wow, never thought there was that much change in elevation! I live near the top of the hill where I programmed the flight from but I can't argue with the data. Thanks for the analysis. Im lucky to have the drone back and I guess its not DJI's fault after all. Thanks for taking the time. I was convinced that the battery failed because the feed cut out way before the crash and the controller had a file called fatal.log. This sums it up. Im glad you did this for me because I was going to ship the drone to DJI but I wont now. You saved me time and money, thanks again!

It's definitely worth plotting the elevation profile in Google Earth or equivalent before planning a waypoint mission.

It's definitely worth plotting the elevation profile in Google Earth or equivalent before planning a waypoint mission.
I will keep that in mind if I ever fly a way point mission again...

How long ago did you find it? Have you been flying it for a while? Im reluctant to send it to DJI because it works and I dont trust them. I'm just worried that something could eventually corrode and short. Where the foot broke off the light above it is very dim now.

I found it a few months back. I want to say August. I thought of sending it to DJI but then I was like nah! I took the advise of many in the forum and test fly myself. I found me an empty field and flew it like I stole it, hovered like I was bored, back, front, up and down, RTH, max altitude, cycled through 4 batteries, you name it, I’ve done it. I only changed the battery initially and after all my test flights, I changed propellers recently; Still, it flies like a charm. Trust me I dogged my found MP as I had a spare MP to takenits place if it failed. I now have two MPs but only fly the one I lost and then found. Camera works well too. I have zero problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai