DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found one!

Found a crashed Mavic Pro the other day. In the canyon below lake tulloch in tuolumne county.
I've placed notices on fb and cl to no avail. Any ideas on how to track down the owner?
Pop out the sad card. Every drone is activated with an email account.

Hi .,
Well first of all thank you for trying to find the owner , it’s not everyone that would do that especially these days it seems .
Have you seen any numbering that looks like it has been added to the mavic .
It could be anywhere on the drone , if it still has the battery take that out and have a look there for any added numbers .
I’m not sure if DJI would be able to help if they had the serial number .
I’m not very familiar with the regulations and registration that applies in the Scotland part of the UK.
So if you could talk to someone that knows the local regs might be able to help you more than I can .

I’m sorry I can’t help you out any more , but I hope you can get it back to the owner soon , hey there might be a reward in it for you !! , but then again Scottish pilots aren’t known for their generosity!!

Didn’t mean to offend anyone.

I do commended you for trying to return it .

If you think I can help you out just let me know .
All the best .
My wife had better not read your post ? Scot’s are actually very generous, they just take care of what they have though :)

I try to make mine as easy as possible to return to me. I have an adhesive metallic sticker on the outside on both sides below the battery line with my reg#. To prevent the sharpie wearing off or fading, I covered the numbers with lacquer. On the inside is another instance of my reg# and my cell#.

Hope you find the owner of the fallen drone.

20200627_110557.jpg

Thsnx for trying to find the owner! Not sure if you can you charge it via the usb cable. If it has power, you should be able to read the memory on your computer like a USB drive. Assuming it's dead...and you are able to read the SD card on your computer, see if there is anything on it. I have a .txt file on mine with my contact info.
Adding a txt file with your contact info is a great idea.
Thanks for the tip!

have you tried drones reunited , we have that in the uk ??
I'm not sure how good drones reunited is, I've posted my missing drone three times, but still does not show up. It's a UK only site and really demonstrates British incompetence!
Jerry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada