DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV goggles?

Reactions
Can anyone recommend some FPV goggles that would work well with the Mini 2? I'm looking for something not super expensive, but decent quality, and not too bulky. Not sure if that exists, but thought I'd ask. Thanks Thumbswayup

Really? There's no good way to do FPV with the mini? Aren't there some goggles that connect to my iPhone or something? Sorry, I am totally new to the FPV aspect of things. I see DJI just released a new FPV racing drone, but that headset looks really bulky.

Probably ”flying” of the shelf. I’ll stick with the V2 and the big black goggles!

Nope, nothing for the mini.

The headset of the FPV isn't big compared to other big screen/VR headsets. Bigger than usual FPV goggles, but also WAY bigger and better screen.

I see DJI just released a new FPV racing drone, but that headset looks really bulky.

Have you seen the DJI goggles that work with the consumer range their even bulkier LOL !!!
None are compatible with your drone though.
1614855166752.png

For a cheap solution you could do a wireless cast from one phone connected to the controller running DJI Fly to another phone in a google cardboard or similiar cheap phone headset.

Reactions: PeteTheJack
No need for an app. All you are doing is using the “cheap” goggles as a container to hold your iPhone. The only thing needed is a longer cord between iPhone and DJI controller. Just trying to get a better clearer view on bright sunny days.

Reactions: PeteTheJack
There is a need for an app. These goggles have 2 lenses and each eye sees a distorted view of half the screen, so an app needs to create that split view and compensate for the distorsion.

136650-vr-review-google-cardboard-review-image2-0ggmq3oo9z-jpg.jpg

If you are a new pilot and wanting to have a cheap FPV experience, Mavic Mini 1 + Litchi app (~20$) + cheap VR glasses (~10$) is a good combination.

Litchi doesn't work with Mini2, so that's not currently an option.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
eBay cheap white goggles, small usb power bank, small usb external chromecast dongle, or similar.
Cast phone to dongle which is connected to power bank.
Hdmi to mini Hdmi cable connects dongle to goggles.
No head tracking etc, and very slight delay, but still great fun.
I will let the usual suspects remind you the need for a spotter etc.
This method also works to a small 7” Feelworld ultra bright monitor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS