DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Mini

royp

Reactions
Now that we know the upcoming DJI FPV Drone won't be the DJI "Cinewhoop" some of us have been looking for, it's time to fall back and regroup. Compared to a Mini, the upcoming "FPV" is a battleship. 5" tri-blade props, 6S batteries, etc. You won't be flying this into tiny places like a Cinewhoop! Knowing that WiFi FPV is totally impractical for a variety of reasons, what can be done to make the Mini FPV'able? [Note: There is no practical headset/goggles for the Occulus 2 Mini-2, so this also applies to that ship]. Of course a simple AIO VTX on a Mini is workable, but with the downside of Analog FPV in both range and visual quality. How about a DJI Air Unit or Caddx Vista/Nebula on a Mini? Expensive, considering the $500 DJI FPV headset to use, but you would be getting DJI FPV on a DJI mini-drone that has prop guards and can be used as a Cinewhoop with DJI stability and recording quality.

Has anybody tried this, and if so, how well does it work (mounting, weight, visual, drag issues considered)?

In that the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo can now be gotten for $350, add a DJI headset for $530 and a Caddx Vista/Nebula for $125 = $1,005 for a DJI FPV drone half the size and cheaper than the DJI FPV Drone! Downsides: won't do 90+ mph, "only" 2.7K recording, less wind resistance.

Thanks.

I havn’t seen the price of the FPV set up I’ve seen posted coming out. Got a link ?

The ballpark estimate in several articles I've read is $1,200-$1,400 for the drone/controller/headset only. If there is a "fly more combo" add at least another $100. The batteries are 6S so won't be cheap. There's no evidence of prop guards. Other than price, the size is the other killer. Based on leaked pictures of it on a keyboard, looks to have a footprint of about 300mm. Not exactly the aircraft you'd want for creating "intimate" close-up/small-space videos. Not sure who the target audience is really. But I digress. This posting is not about the upcoming "FPV" drone, but about using DJI FPV digital video transmitter on a DJI Mini in an effort to get a Cinewhoop with DJI quality and flight characteristics.

The ballpark estimate in several articles I've read is $1,200-$1,400 for the drone/controller/headset only. If there is a "fly more combo" add at least another $100. The batteries are 6S so won't be cheap. There's no evidence of prop guards. Other than price, the size is the other killer. Based on leaked pictures of it on a keyboard, looks to have a footprint of about 300mm. Not exactly the aircraft you'd want for creating "intimate" close-up/small-space videos. Not sure who the target audience is really. But I digress. This posting is not about the upcoming "FPV" drone, but about using DJI FPV digital video transmitter on a DJI Mini in an effort to get a Cinewhoop with DJI quality and flight characteristics.
Ok well you really have nothing but speculation and that I’ve read
and you brought it it up. Sorry. ?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69