DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV?

I fly my FPV when I just want to fly for fun, which is about 90% of the time. Nothing compares.

While I've developed good manual skills, I probably fly 50% of my FPV time in Sport mode using the Motion Controller, which simulates a traditional aircraft control stick in your hand.

The flight controller then flies the drone very much like a fixed-wing plane, continously controlling camera pitch to simulate pitch behavior of a plane.

The result is a thrilling, heart-pounding experience that feels like racing around in a high performance jet. This can not be duplicated with the standard RC – impossible to duplicate the camera pitch control.

Here's a clip from a few days ago... working my way to shooting the pier at full throttle. This one was around 40mph on exit!!

fantastic. Which pier? I used to body surf 17th st at Newport Beach....

I saw this video and now don't want to buy a DJI FPV:

That was a weird vid.

He starts out by trashing it, and then says nothing that would make me inclined to not buy it.

If "real" FPV means having to build the thing yourself, crashing it all the time, and having to repair it all the time yourself...I'll pass!

I probably won't even put into *SPORT* mode until I have at least 5 -10 hours flying it in Normal mode. More than that, and a lot of sim time, before putting it in Manual mode, and I'll approach that very gradually.

The 87 mph Canyonball Run is definitely in my future, but not soon.

I don't think I could ever get into a "crash oriented" approach to flying. I guess I spent too many hours flying aircraft that I was actually in...

But, to each his own! I greatly value these "It sucks!" vids if they're well done, and this one was.

Thx!

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder