DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frame Alignment Error when calibrating sensors in Assistant 2

pogopilot

Reactions
So I am not able to calibrate the sensors in the DJI go 4 app. I move the MP in a square as instructed and nothing happens. So I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 app (Ver 1.1.0) and hook everything up. On part 3 of tutorial I get "Frame Alignment Error" and it does not even go the the calibrations screen. It tells me to reboot the bird, still no luck. I even tried doing it on an older version of Assistant 2

I am running Windows 10 on a 13 inch dell laptop. Max resolution is 1366 X 768.
There are only 3.0 usb ports on my laptop. (no usb 2.0)
I have no access to other computers

Any help is greatly appreciated

I solved a problem. You have to go to another PC with Windows 8 and works. Windows 10 has problems

Thank you, the problem is, I don't have a windows Pc older than win 10 ;-)
I think Windows 10 still has the ability within it to run programmes in a 'compatibility mode'.
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you where to find the choice. Nor could I guarantee it will solve the problem, but if you haven't got (don't get) any more proven solutions it might be something to try out.

Really though, you would be dodging the issue, as Frame Calibration should work with Windows 10.
If you don't want to try that fudge, psych yourself up for a Chat session with Tech Support. If you go that route, and life seems to become very difficult, just back out and try again, in 30 mins or the next day, as it seems not all Tech Support people come out of the same mould.

Regards.

Reactions: thedunlap
I think Windows 10 still has the ability within it to run programmes in a 'compatibility mode'.
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you where to find the choice. Nor could I guarantee it will solve the problem, but if you haven't got (don't get) any more proven solutions it might be something to try out.

Really though, you would be dodging the issue, as Frame Calibration should work with Windows 10.
If you don't want to try that fudge, psych yourself up for a Chat session with Tech Support. If you go that route, and life seems to become very difficult, just back out and try again, in 30 mins or the next day, as it seems not all Tech Support people come out of the same mould.

Regards.

I tried it with all possible compatibility mode without success. I also uninstalled, cleaned registry, reinstalled but no changes.
Also, I had a chat session with DJI support about the issue with all the details, including the link of this thread as well. He escalated the problem towards the technical team, so let's hope they will take a look at it and fix this thing with an updated Assistant 2.

Here I will explain how to get it all to work on windows 10. PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST ON THE VIDEO!
@AverageDad you saved the day my friend! Thanks for replying to my post and taking the time to make and upload a great video. This worked great and I am so glad I do not have to wait for DJI to try and solve this issue. You put a lot of time to figure out the solution to this problem and it was well worth it. Thanks buddy !

NOTE- the newest version of DJI Assistant 2 has properly signed drivers (v1.1.0-2 released March 28th). You no longer need to do the Shift-Restart options shown at the beginning of this video.

I did your suggestion and it did work. Thank you very much.
Once I started the calibration, I was able to complete the camera portion of the calibration, however when I wanted to do the downward vision sensor calibration, I got the pattern on the computer screen but did not get the corresponding square from the drone to match up to the screen?????This is what prompted my efforts in the first place since I had a calibration error warning on the GO 4 app warning of the downward vision sensor calibration. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Update to my last post.
I tried it again and was able to complete both calibrations.
Thank you again for the valuable information. You were more helpful than the DJI Support team who did not know how to get the Assistant 2 to recognize my Mavic.

@AverageDad you saved the day my friend! Thanks for replying to my post and taking the time to make and upload a great video. This worked great and I am so glad I do not have to wait for DJI to try and solve this issue. You put a lot of time to figure out the solution to this problem and it was well worth it. Thanks buddy !
I'm happy to know this helped you

Update to my last post.
I tried it again and was able to complete both calibrations.
Thank you again for the valuable information. You were more helpful than the DJI Support team who did not know how to get the Assistant 2 to recognize my Mavic.
I am happy to know the video was much help to you really. Please sub to my channel as it is starting out.

Thanks a lot you saved me to sent the mavic back to DJI!!! Very good work!!!
I saved myself on that one as well I started doing the request but just like you I did not want to wait either.. I am so happy this helped you.. Please sub to my channel as it is starting out..

You are welcome I very happy to know this helped you really.. Please sub to my channel as it is starting out.. Maybe I can help you with the next problem

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S