DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frame rate and video quality workflow when flying?

Now that you mention that....

I just recently got Final Cut Pro X so I now have the option to export at different frame rates. I recently did a little filming at the 1080 60 FPS of a skateboarder because I thought that was the preferred frame rate if you want to throw in some slo mo in the mix. Im still unsure if I should export at 60 FPS or bring it down to 30 FPS. If I go to 30 FPS would I be better off choosing 29.97? I thought I read that the mavic pro technically records at 29.97?
Ideally to achieve slow motion, you will shoot at 60 frames per second and render at 30fps. When anyone talks about 30fps, they mean 29.97fps. While there are some older codex that actually shoot at 30 frames per second, 29.97fps is the NTSC standard. When television started broadcasting in color, they discovered that they had to knock off .03fps to allow for the color broadcasting to work. Similarly, 60fps is 59.94fps - but simplified by just saying 60fps.

When rendering 60fps at 30fps, you must manually change the frame rate of the clips you wish to slow down, by having them playback at 50% speed, leaving you with 30fps - which is why you render at 30fps - without losing any quality. Hope that helps.

Are there any guidance/ video tutorials anyone could advise on the frame rate/render/export bit on FCPro as I am still learning this - which appears quite important.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike