DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Amazon Prime Server Space

pvs

Reactions
Hi again, all! I've had my MA for several months now, and have only had it in the air around my house for a few brief moments until last weekend. My sister was visiting, and we all decided to take a small road trip down to SC.

We set out, specifically looking for Bald Rock, which I was told about on this forum recently. We easily found it, but it was quite busy (as were all the trailheads ... being St Paddy's Day, and a nice day, weather-wise).

So we continued southward, toward Table Rock and Lake Jocasse, and settled in at the Devil's Fork State Park, where we had a little picnic, and then I started getting up the nerve to go aloft. It was a bit breezy, but I managed to get a couple of flights in, one with a camera going.

I'm not a Youtube member, and no longer visit Facebook, so I hope the link below, to my own server, works for y'all.

A Taste Of Devils Fork State Park, SC

Last edited:
-Tried watching your video, but only got music with a slider bar. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll have free storage that allows links, and it's free.

-Tried watching your video, but only got music with a slider bar. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll have free storage that allows links, and it's free.
Hmmmm, strange. It works on my phone, but yeah, I see it does NOT work on my desktop using Chrome. I'll check into it. Thanks for letting me know.
-pvs

[EDIT] I'm really new to video editing. I'm trying a different output from PowerDirector14. Maybe it'll work better.
That first one was output as H.265 HEVC MPEG-4 /30p

I'm trying H.264 AVC now. Maybe it'll make a difference. Please try it again. Thanks!
[/edit]

Last edited:
Hello, could you elaborate on the free storage for prime members? Thanks

Sure. We all face the "how do I share my videos and cool stuff with others" dilemma. Email is severely limited in size, along with other social media services. The answer is to upload our stuff to an external storage drive (-i.e. a cloud drive) then create a link to that video where the person watching the video is really streaming it from that particular cloud drive. -Problem is, the vast majority of cloud drives charge a hefty premium for their services. That's the gotcha.

One solution is to find the "free" ones. Now Amazon Prime isn't free, but many of us subscribe for the shipping benefit and free music streaming, and know nothing about the free storage feature. That's an awesome benefit included with your Prime membership. For me, that makes Amazon Prime a good deal.

You can upload unlimited photos, and several gigs of videos for free (-with a Prime account). For $11/year you can increase your video capacity, but I tend to store my archived videos on a seperate USB drive and upload only the current ones for streaming. All of my cell phone and other pictures are backed up on the Amazon drive. When I want to share a video, I generate a sharing "link", then copy/paste it like I'm doing here.

Amazon Drive

The feature is easier to manipulate on a laptop, but if you want to use your cell phone, they have a dedicated app to make it easier.

So you may be paying for a feature that you've not taken advantage of. Just go to your 'Accounts and Lists' tab and highlight the dropdown arrow. Then scroll down to Amazon Drive, or Amazon Photo. I've literally uploaded over 10,000 photos, and a bunch of videos.

Now, if someone is expert at YouTube, I'd like their input.

Last edited:
Sure. We all face the "how do I share my videos and cool stuff with others" dilemma. Email is severely limited in size, along with other social media services. The answer is to upload our stuff to an external storage drive (-i.e. a cloud drive) then create a link to that video where the person watching the video is really streaming it from that particular cloud drive. -Problem is, the vast majority of cloud drives charge a hefty premium for their services. That's the gotcha.

One solution is to find the "free" ones. Now Amazon Prime isn't free, but many of us subscribe for the shipping benefit and free music streaming, and know nothing about the free storage feature. That's an awesome benefit included with your Prime membership. For me, that makes Amazon Prime a good deal.

You can upload unlimited photos, and several gigs of videos for free (-with a Prime account). For $11/year you can increase your video capacity, but I tend to store my archived videos on a seperate USB drive and upload only the current ones for streaming. All of my cell phone and other pictures are backed up on the Amazon drive. When I want to share a video, I generate a sharing "link", then copy/paste it like I'm doing here.

Amazon Drive

The feature is easier to manipulate on a laptop, but if you want to use your cell phone, they have a dedicated app to make it easier.

So you may be paying for a feature that you've not taken advantage of. Just go to your 'Accounts and Lists' tab and highlight the dropdown arrow. Then scroll down to Amazon Drive, or Amazon Photo. I've literally uploaded over 10,000 photos, and a bunch of videos.

Now, id someone is expert at YouTube, I'd like their input.
Or, you can host it on your own server, but then nobody even clicks the link, it seems. My 2.5 minute video is certainly not very good, but it's hard to get any feedback, unless you play with the big guys, I guess. At least on MY server, there are no ads nor cookies, but, whatever.

PVS, not being mean, but in general I do not click on private links. Just do not know what peeps are upto these days and how they will hack into your PCs.

Reactions: pvs
PVS, not being mean, but in general I do not click on private links. Just do not know what peeps are upto these days and how they will hack into your PCs.
Understood, Aviator. Guess it's something I'll have to deal with. Either put my stuff on a stranger's server, and possibly pay for that privilege and/or give up my rights to ownership, or just not bother sharing any work.

Guess I'll just be using the forum to ask/answer questions. This forum is a GREAT tool for that! It would be nice to share, but I won't put my stuff, as bad as it might be, on other entities servers or clouds.

Thanks, Aviator, for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: Aviator
PVS please do not take this too personal. Its just that there are bad folks out there. And its just the way we are trained in the military and place of work.

PVS please do not take this too personal. Its just that there are bad folks out there. And its just the way we are trained in the military and place of work.
No, no, no, I'm not, Aviator. Please. This whole thing ... the drone, learning to fly, learning to fly to shoot nice video, video editing, and hosting media files on my website, are all brand new to me. Your point is something I hadn't considered, and I will obviously deep-six the idea of hosting my own files. I THOUGHT it'd be cool, but for the reason you mentioned, I now realize it would be a complete waste of time and effort.

I really hate putting my work on servers that are handled by others, but it seems there is no other way to share my work. I am not sure I will consider doing so, so I am at my own dilemma.

Please, I am not taking it personally at all. It's just another thing learned as I undertake my new hobby. Your words are true ... it's just the way it is, these days, where trust is so evasive. Guess I need to start "trusting" the social media sites again. ;-) lol

Anyway, really, thanks, Aviator. I hadn't thought about that angle.

Reactions: Aviator

Amazon Drive

Now, if someone is expert at YouTube, I'd like their input.
Thank you so much, that was very helpful. I am a prime member, but had no knowledge of this.

Reactions: razoraerial
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka