DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free FAA Webnars for drone pilots

AMann

Reactions
134ED0FD-A737-4D4F-9667-08D9B191BE30.png

Please join FAA Safety Inspector Kevin Morris and our team of experts for a LIVE webinar on why airspace matters. This is the first in a series of FREE webinars about airspace authorizations and what you need to know to operate safely. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and talk to FAA experts.

Registration: Webinar Series – Airspace and Airspace Authorizations

Webinar Information

May 9, 2019 4 P.M. ET
Where am I? How to identify what airspace you are operating in.
Registration opens on April 25 at 9 A.M. ET.
Would you get into your car for a long trip and drive without checking Waze or Google Maps? Flying your drone without an understanding of where you are in the National Airspace System, is kind of like driving blind with no knowledge of potential hazards or requirements that could impact your journey.
In this webinar, we'll teach you how to identify what class of airspace you plan to fly in, and what it means for your operation.

May 23, 2019 4 P.M. ET
What is in Class E airspace and how do I operate in it?
Registration opens on May 9 at 9 A.M. ET.
We know that Class E airspace is challenging to understand so we are dedicating an entire webinar to this class.
Join us for this webinar where we will help you understand two areas of Class E airspace that are important to drone operators, and teach you what you need to do to ensure that you are flying in compliance with FAA regulations.

June 13, 2019 4 P.M. ET
Airspace authorizations: what they are and why do they matter?
Registration opens on May 30 at 9 A.M. ET.
Our nation's airspace is the most complex in the world. To ensure safe operations, most airspace areas around airports are "controlled" because air traffic control services are needed to handle the large volumes of aircraft in and around the airport.
A drone pilot must receive an airspace authorization, from the FAA prior to operating in most controlled airspace. If you're not sure what this means for you, or what we mean by airspace authorization, join our webinar to learn more.

June 27, 2019 4 P.M. ET
How to navigate UAS facility maps.
Registration opens on June 13 at 9 A.M. ET.
Join us as our FAA's experts explain everything you need to know about UAS Facility Maps. We'll demonstrate how to access them through our data visualization tool.
UAS Facility Maps show areas and altitudes in controlled airspace around airports where drone pilots can receive an authorization to fly below the maximum altitude depicted on the map and up to 400 feet.

July 18, 2019 4 P.M. ET
How to use FAA Drone Zone.
Registration opens on July 3 at 9 A.M. ET.
So, you've registered your drone, you're ready to fly and then realize that the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) is not available where you intend to operate.
We'll show you how you can use the Drone Zone to apply for an airspace authorization and provide tips on what you should include to increase your possibility for approval.

August 1, 2018 4 P.M. ET
What is the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC)?
Registration opens on July 18 at 9 A.M. ET.
LAANC revolutionized the way the FAA manages airspace authorizations, enables drone pilots to have greater access to controlled airspace, and provides greater flexibility to operational planning.
Join this webinar to understand what the capability is, how it works, and how the FAA works with the drone community to provide operators with automated applications that enable more flights into the National Airspace System.

August 15, 2019 4 P.M. ET
How public safety agencies can fly drones during emergencies.
Registration opens on August 1 at 9 A.M. ET.
Calling all drone pilots who fly for a public safety agency, including law enforcement, fire, and emergency responders. This webinar is for you!
Join our FAA experts as they explain how you can expedite your application for an authorization or waiver under the Special Governmental Interest Process so you can fly during emergencies.

Registration: Webinar Series – Airspace and Airspace Authorizations

• Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • The registration period for each webinar will open two weeks prior to it's scheduled start.
  • The webinars are hosted in audio and visual format via AdobeConnect.
  • Please download the AdobeConnect smartphone/tablet app or use the link provided in your registration confirmation email.
  • We encourage you to read the Adobe Connect How-To Guide ahead of the webinar.
  • Audio transcripts of the webinars will be posted after each event.
Questions about the webinar, email [email protected].

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Both of the webinars are full for April 16th & 18th

I sent FAA email asking if this was going to podcast for rest of us to watch. Lady named Alison Duquette responded to my email saying yes it will be posted for others to watch. She sent this url which only took me to FAA Drone site http://www.faa.gov/UAS did not work in Safari for me. She also referred me to FAA YouTube channel. If you search YouTube for FAA anything and find the drone channel please post here on facebook. I found two channels that give the appearance of FAA Gov channel but the second the video starts you know it is not government channel but some dude wanting you to like his channel.

If anyone knows the FAA YouTube Channel please post here.

Reactions: Former Member
Both of the webinars are full for April 16th & 18th

I sent FAA email asking if this was going to podcast for rest of us to watch. Lady named Alison Duquette responded to my email saying yes it will be posted for others to watch. She sent this url which only took me to FAA Drone site http://www.faa.gov/UAS did not work in Safari for me. She also referred me to FAA YouTube channel. If you search YouTube for FAA anything and find the drone channel please post here on facebook. I found two channels that give the appearance of FAA Gov channel but the second the video starts you know it is not government channel but some dude wanting you to like his channel.

If anyone knows the FAA YouTube Channel please post here.
Here are places where FAA webinars are archived (you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page):

Here is the FAA You Tube channel: Federal Aviation Administration

Reactions: Rich55
Only the first two are full, check the website for the others as registration opens a few weeks prior to each one:

Your kidding I predict they will fill up within minutes of opening registration. I will just watch the recordings live webinars for this type information dissimulation recordings work for me. Nation wide webinar I suspect will have well into hundreds of audience you would be very lucky to even have your question picked for response. Most of the time instructors are on such strick timetable they can not elaborate to the detail most questioners are seeking.

Thanks for the response and enjoy the day.

Your kidding I predict they will fill up within minutes of opening registration. I will just watch the recordings live webinars for this type information dissimulation recordings work for me. Nation wide webinar I suspect will have well into hundreds of audience you would be very lucky to even have your question picked for response. Most of the time instructors are on such strick timetable they can not elaborate to the detail most questioners are seeking.

Thanks for the response and enjoy the day.

Ok, I can see the convenience of watching later. I got in both April ones, forward any questions and I’ll submit them for you ;)

Ok, I can see the convenience of watching later. I got in both April ones, forward any questions and I’ll submit them for you ;)
Thanks for the offer but I am the student that needs to hear the lecture before I ask a question. Enjoy, I am hopeful they will post the q&a also. Most webinars I attend the q&a comes at the end not during webinar if this is different most folks will loose interest after the second or third question. I know I will. Just the way I am wired.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada