DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free music source for your online video?

Or for yourself for personal gain. I see that is where the grey area is in copyright law is personal gain whether it is monetization or some other form of gain.
its a fine line if enforced 99.9% would be guilty.i remember back in cassette days first thing i did was copy my cassettes

Reactions: Callum
OH heck we all dubbed our cassettes! That's how our young broke A$$e$ shared music with our friends. LOL

its a fine line if enforced 99.9% would be guilty.i remember back in cassette days first thing i did was copy my cassettes
Think everyone did it, same with the VHS to VHS.

At work we have music playing in canteen just for background music on tea breaks. Company has to pay a PPL license yearly.

It's crazy but unfortunately way of the world.

Reactions: 2nckayakers

At work we have music playing in canteen just for background music on tea breaks. Company has to pay a PPL license yearly.

hi tech was 8 track tho,imagine a choice of 4 songs,movin on up

Yep that is why you don't hear good elevator music or the phone on hold music is crappy because they don't want to buy a PPL.

Ok we got off topic, Sorry to the OP, but hope you got something out of the discussion and found some music.

Again, you aren't reading the license. You DO HAVE PERMISSION if the copyright management company or owner allows you to use them for your video and you don't monetize it. That clause in your licensing agreement that says "The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it." is your permission/license to do so. We can argue this all day long. I have been through this many times in the past 10 years of working with music and copyrights for projects that I have done for Non Profits and we have had council with copyright lawyers who will back my claims here.

NOW if you are doing videos professionally, or you are trying to monetize your videos in anyway regardless of whether you are posting on YouTube or you are selling them in some other way for profit, you better buy a license to use them.
The key phrase is "if the copyright management company or owner allows you to use them" which is why I keep asking the poster if he has a license to use them ... which he has not stated.

Lol.. I find it hard to use music that is all hip hop or something. I like Country music.. heh.. Texas.. so, I have only made a few videos, just added something to them I owned and paid for. Trying to locate a good source for Country music that I can add.

Russ

Hi,

What's for favorite place to get royalty free music to add to your video?

Thanks

Music Screen website is the place to go for great quality recording and for style diversity. Like bensound, Music Screen is free to use if the project is not commercial but you have a really bigger Library

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters