Freewell variable filters (ND2 to ND512) for Mavic 2 Zoom

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Freewell just released a new variable filter set for the Mavic 2 Zoom. It comes packed with a variable filter that can be adjusted between ND4 to ND32 and a second variable filter that can be adjusted between ND64 to ND512.

1571599529232.png

These filters are multi-coated, lightweight, and come with a lifetime warranty. Each filter weighs 3.1 grams (0.4 grams less than the UV filter that comes on the Mavic 2). They are available for purchase here on Amazon (will be in stock soon) or on Freewell's site here.

Thanks for the update. I was hoping they would come out with the zoom edition. Also nice to know they don’t add any extra weight.

Amazon say currently unavailable - any ideas where they can be purchased????

any ideas where they can be purchased?
You can buy them from Freewell's site today.

Freewell has a shipment on the way to Amazon, so they should be available for purchase soon. Amazon usually allows people to pre-order a few days before they are actually able to start shipping the product out of their warehouses.

Do these work on cross-polarization? If so, that could present a problem when a polarized filter is not ideal.

Do these work on cross-polarization? If so, that could present a problem when a polarized filter is not ideal.
Dunno... but since they are infinitely adjustable within the range touted maybe it is possible. To date I have not had an issue with their function... just took 2 hrs of video today... editing now... looks fine and I did have to change my settings on the Frewell I use as light changed.

I looked at their FAQ which says it is two polarized lenses. They claim because it is two, it's not really polar but unless I'm not understanding something, I don't see that as true. Say to get 10% light blockage, you'd have one polorized filter at 0 degrees, the other at 9 degrees. Two polarized lenses with 90 degree differential blocks all light.

I live these filters.. this may be a dumb question. Is the setting below #2 no filter? It just has a little icon thing...

Well I would bet that is Freewell logo, While there is a way as described above to block all light, I don't see how it's possible to remove or negate ND using two lenses..perhaps I am wrong? Would be nice though for sunrise and after golden hour sunsets. But as a ND user..a ND2 is pretty much useless anyway down that low of stop, so that would be about the same as no ND for almost all shooting. Going by the listing saying 2-5 stop..I would assume a "0" isn't offered as you are thinking. ;)

BTW Amazon is showing in Stock and Prime 2 day delivery on my end now. :)

Well I would bet that is Freewell logo, While there is a way as described above to block all light, I don't see how it's possible to remove or negate ND using two lenses..perhaps I am wrong? Would be nice though for sunrise and after golden hour sunsets. But as a ND user..a ND2 is pretty much useless anyway down that low of stop, so that would be about the same as no ND for almost all shooting. Going by the listing saying 2-5 stop..I would assume a "0" isn't offered as you are thinking. ;)

BTW Amazon is showing in Stock and Prime 2 day delivery on my end now. :)
That's not how they work. A setting of 2 on a variable is equivalent to nd4, and a 3 = nd8, a 4 = nd 16 etc.

That's not how they work. A setting of 2 on a variable is equivalent to nd4, and a 3 = nd8, a 4 = nd 16 etc.

Sorry lost this thread..but I was thinking WTH..look at their description. I think my mind scrambled a bit and it zinged when I read it. I think my mind read it as 1-5 Stop as compared to their ND2 to ND32 represent.

Specification

2-5 Stop which also represents ND2 to ND32 is a perfect filter for a normal day condition covering your needs from cloudy days to a normal sunny day.

6-9 Stop which also represents ND64 to ND512 is an ideal solution for working during a bright sunny day covering your need for mid-afternoon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78