DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freezing Ipad mini

jonesjj3

Reactions
I have an iPad mini 2 that I am using for my Platinum I just got, it has latest update and so does the Mavic. I was trying to do some test video the other day and I was pretty close to home point ( like with in a block or so of home point ) I live in rural area we all have over 1 acre yards so it is not contested just few trees.

The transmitter is a stock one, I just have the 2 stock antenna blades, no reflectors, when trying to do video just doing some flying around say side to side the video image in the iPad mini freezes on and off could be for a second or less or up to 3 seconds. I am on 30fps.

Can some one help me with why I am having this freezing on the live feed side? is my iPad mini to old? do I need one with a better processor in it like the iPad mini 4? or is it something like the transmitter antennas are not that good and they need the reflectors I see, or a MaXX Mod antenna from Drone World ???

It seems hard to do video when the screen is freezing. Any Ideas?

Can some one help me with why I am having this freezing on the live feed side? is my iPad mini to old? do I need one with a better processor in it like the iPad mini 4?

Yes. You've answered your own question. As the DJI Go 4 app gets bigger and bigger and requires more and more resources, older iPads and other devices aren't able to keep up with the computing requirements. Especially if any other apps are installed on the device and it's on the lower end of storage/RAM size and processor speed. Even an iPad mini 4 is cutting it close nowadays and you may still experience video processing problems on your live feed.

Thanks for the reply I am a Mac person so maybe I should be looking at the iPad or the iPad Pro I believe both of those would fit in my tablet holder with my transmitter

I know the iPad has the A10 chipThe iPad Pro I believe has the A10X chip

I have one more question would it be advisable to get Wi-Fi and cellular or just Wi-Fi?

I have one more question would it be advisable to get Wi-Fi and cellular or just Wi-Fi?

iPad Pros work great. Never had a hiccup using one.

For cellular service, the question you have to ask is if you need updating real-time maps when you fly (I cache them prior to going to a location so I don't need the Internet connection) or will you be using the GPS location of your device in order to accomplish the Follow Me mode? If you think the value of those is worth more than the cost difference, then by all means get the one with the cellular service (and don't forget that you have to pay for the service as well each month). If you, like me, can manage fine without those features routinely (and use your cell phone hotspot if you absolutely need a cellular connection or a nearby WiFi connection), the savings is well worth the plain WiFi version.

Great thanks for the reply I concur with not having cell on the iPad just the WiFi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR